Which PHBII classes would you adopt?

Which PHB II classes would you allow in your campaign?

• Beguiler

Votes: 129 76.3%
  • Dragon Shaman

Votes: 97 57.4%
  • Duskblade

Votes: 129 76.3%
  • Knight

Votes: 153 90.5%

ragnar99

First Post
I voted for all 4 classes. Although I don't like the Dragon Shaman much myself I'd let someone play one if they wanted. I like all the other classes quite a bit....

ForceUser

Explorer
I like the beguiler. The knight, dragon shaman and duskblade earn a "meh." That said, I'd allow the knight and duskblade if someone really wanted to play one. The shaman doesn't really fit my campaign.

FnordBear

First Post
Heh, I voted all. They all appeal to me on diffrent levels, in fact I have just written up a fighter 2/duskblade 7 for an eberron game I will be playing in. mmmmmm truestrike, pwoer attack and combat expertise *drool*

Turanil

First Post
I am really tempted to buy PHB II. Although I don't plan to run D&D 3e again, I have the vague prospect of a D&D3.5 Elric/Melnibone campaign as a player. I guess that one of the class would be fine for an innovative character... Can see well the Dragon Shaman as some Melnibonean in charge of the dragons of Melnibone; or Duskblade as a champion of Melnibone. Now, as a DM I would allow all classes. Even dragon shamans would find a place in my campaign, as dragons are an important part of it (they guard ley-line magic nexuses, which popular ignorance has translated into dragons slumbering on treasure).

Greg K

Legend
I am considering the beguiler.

The knight is too overly defined in its role and has too many preset abilities that define the role.

The duskblade: its about time the WOTC designers did hybrid classes that receive spells at first level. However, I prefer the Myrmidon from AEG so it will be use instead of the duskblade.

Dragon shaman: Meh!

Particle_Man

Explorer
Mechanically, I have no problem with any of them. Flavour-wise, I would have a bit of a problem fitting in the Dragon Shaman.

That said, if a player made a strong enough background story, I could be convinced.

Pants

First Post
I really like the duskblade and the beguiler.

Meh on the knight and the shaman. I'm still looking for a good shaman class that doesn't suck (cross off spirit shaman and dragon shaman now).

I'd allow them all, but I certainly won't recommend them all.

MoogleEmpMog

First Post
All of them.

I don't care for the flavor of the dragon shaman, but it's sort of an interesting class mechanically, so it gets a pass. The beguiler, knight and duskblade are all fine across the board. Mechanically sound, solid niches. If only the knight didn't have a CR-based mechanic and a bad Fort save, I'd be downright enthusiastic about it.

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
I'll agree with everyone who said all, with qualifications. The dragon shaman, for instance, would have a hard time being squeezed into the Eberron games I usually run without some detailed backstory work. But the beguiler, duskblade and knight I all actually like (as opposed to "can work with").

Demiurge out.

Imp

First Post
I'm definitely working in the knight. I like the beguiler and duskblade quite a bit, but I'm not sure I can work them into the campaign world, where magic is restricted and wizard-centric and most arcane classes are not found (at least on the main plane.) Dragon shamans don't fit.

Remove ads