• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Which PHBII classes would you adopt?

Which PHB II classes would you allow in your campaign?

• Beguiler

Votes: 129 76.3%
  • Dragon Shaman

Votes: 97 57.4%
  • Duskblade

Votes: 129 76.3%
  • Knight

Votes: 153 90.5%

ragnar99

First Post
I voted for all 4 classes. Although I don't like the Dragon Shaman much myself I'd let someone play one if they wanted. I like all the other classes quite a bit....

ForceUser

Explorer
I like the beguiler. The knight, dragon shaman and duskblade earn a "meh." That said, I'd allow the knight and duskblade if someone really wanted to play one. The shaman doesn't really fit my campaign.

FnordBear

First Post
Heh, I voted all. They all appeal to me on diffrent levels, in fact I have just written up a fighter 2/duskblade 7 for an eberron game I will be playing in. mmmmmm truestrike, pwoer attack and combat expertise *drool*

Turanil

First Post
I am really tempted to buy PHB II. Although I don't plan to run D&D 3e again, I have the vague prospect of a D&D3.5 Elric/Melnibone campaign as a player. I guess that one of the class would be fine for an innovative character... Can see well the Dragon Shaman as some Melnibonean in charge of the dragons of Melnibone; or Duskblade as a champion of Melnibone. Now, as a DM I would allow all classes. Even dragon shamans would find a place in my campaign, as dragons are an important part of it (they guard ley-line magic nexuses, which popular ignorance has translated into dragons slumbering on treasure).

Greg K

Legend
I am considering the beguiler.

The knight is too overly defined in its role and has too many preset abilities that define the role.

The duskblade: its about time the WOTC designers did hybrid classes that receive spells at first level. However, I prefer the Myrmidon from AEG so it will be use instead of the duskblade.

Dragon shaman: Meh!

Particle_Man

Explorer
Mechanically, I have no problem with any of them. Flavour-wise, I would have a bit of a problem fitting in the Dragon Shaman.

That said, if a player made a strong enough background story, I could be convinced.

Pants

First Post
I really like the duskblade and the beguiler.

Meh on the knight and the shaman. I'm still looking for a good shaman class that doesn't suck (cross off spirit shaman and dragon shaman now).

I'd allow them all, but I certainly won't recommend them all.

MoogleEmpMog

First Post
All of them.

I don't care for the flavor of the dragon shaman, but it's sort of an interesting class mechanically, so it gets a pass. The beguiler, knight and duskblade are all fine across the board. Mechanically sound, solid niches. If only the knight didn't have a CR-based mechanic and a bad Fort save, I'd be downright enthusiastic about it.

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
I'll agree with everyone who said all, with qualifications. The dragon shaman, for instance, would have a hard time being squeezed into the Eberron games I usually run without some detailed backstory work. But the beguiler, duskblade and knight I all actually like (as opposed to "can work with").

Demiurge out.

Imp

First Post
I'm definitely working in the knight. I like the beguiler and duskblade quite a bit, but I'm not sure I can work them into the campaign world, where magic is restricted and wizard-centric and most arcane classes are not found (at least on the main plane.) Dragon shamans don't fit.

Remove ads