• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Which team will win Super Bowl XLI?

Which team will win Super Bowl XLI?

• Poll closed .

FickleGM

Explorer
kenobi65 said:
Option A. I grew up in Green Bay, I have Packer season tickets, and a share of stock in the team. I moved down here as an adult because, frankly, this is where the jobs are, especially for someone in my field (market research). I've been in exile here for 18 years now, and married a Bears fan. My parents still love me anyway. :D

Have I mentioned lately that I love you? What? ;)

FickleGM

Explorer
John Crichton said:
And none were as good as the Packers. ;)
I must BOOYAH! this as well. I knew I liked you, Mr. Crichton (the fact that I was able to attain a small share of your poker money at GenCon has nothing to do with it...anymore :)).

GlassJaw

Hero
Ranger REG said:
The Patriots have a dynasty?

Meh. Not so great as the Cowboys'. :cool:

You could argue that what the Patriots have accomplished over the last 5 years is just as impressive (or even moreso) as the other dynasties over the years. The Cowboys, Steelers, 49'ers, etc didn't have to deal with free agency and the salary cap. The salary cap era of the NFL has made it a completely different ballgame (literally) than in the past.

DonTadow

First Post
Jayster Fett said:
Baseball aside, I think this might be what *could* happen to the Colts! They might just be too happy to get there! I mean, they don't arrive til LATE Monday (still within league rules, they say), set about cruising through media days like they've already won, and then decide, "Oh, yeah...maybe we should practice, but just a little."

And as for other things...well, special teams WILL play a role in this game. People have been overlooking the significance of the Bears STs on returns AND kicks!! And I disagree with those talking about holes in the Bears secondary. It should hold up well against the Colts and keep them from the deep threat. Now, Indy has some holes in their secondary that Rex and Bernard Berrian can exploit! And the Bears defense provides exactly what Indy fears most: takeaways! More forced fumbles and interceptions then any other team, iirc. If Urlacher, Briggs and the pass rush get on Peyton in the first quarter, it'll be a long day for him.

In general, I think it should be a great game...and close. But if the Colts are already thinking they've got the trophy, they might just lose the game because of it.
The colts arrived late because they wanted to deal as little with the media as possible. Same with the brief practices. They'd rather have the closedp ractices later on in the week than the media hopla. Its not cockiness.

John Crichton

First Post
Gabriel said:
I must BOOYAH! this as well. I knew I liked you, Mr. Crichton
Well, they call it the Lombardi Trophy for a good reason. :)

Gabriel said:
(the fact that I was able to attain a small share of your poker money at GenCon has nothing to do with it...anymore :)).
Heheh. Something we'll have to do again this year!

... except for the me losing money part. I hope. ;)

kenobi65

First Post
John Crichton said:
Well, they call it the Lombardi Trophy for a good reason. :)

There's a wonderful quote from Mike Holmgren, in the locker room after the Pack won Super Bowl XXXI, which goes something like, "As much as this trophy means to every team, it means even more to us."

FickleGM

Explorer
kenobi65 said:
You only love me for my tickets, Gabriel. Which is perfectly all right. :D

No, I love you for your eyes...the tickets are just an added prize.

Plus, my wife doesn't have season tickets, so you've got her trumped. :D

Remove ads