• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Which Virtual Table Top are you using right now and what do you like best about it?

Which virtual table top (VTT) platforms have you used in your 5e games?

Zaukrie

New Publisher
No personal experience with it besides knowing it exists, but are you thinking of Game Master Engine?
I might buy that today and see how it is......though Talespire is what I think I am waiting for.......

However, when Flowscape adds their D&D themed system, that might win......playing with Flowscape and Wildshape allows me to create nice looking stuff, but neither is GREAT at building maps for RPGs, because the tools are meant to be realistic, not in 5 foot increments. So, if you want to build walls or whatnot, you have to eyeball stuff, not place it.

What I want is something like dungeondraft, but in 3D.

Dire Bare

Legend
I might buy that today and see how it is......though Talespire is what I think I am waiting for.......

However, when Flowscape adds their D&D themed system, that might win......playing with Flowscape and Wildshape allows me to create nice looking stuff, but neither is GREAT at building maps for RPGs, because the tools are meant to be realistic, not in 5 foot increments. So, if you want to build walls or whatnot, you have to eyeball stuff, not place it.

What I want is something like dungeondraft, but in 3D.
Just spent a few minutes looking at some of these, here are some links if others are interested in doing the same . . .

Talespire - 3D VTT

Wildshape - 3D VTT, the link is to their Patreon page, the link to the main page seems to be broken . . .

Flowscape - WOW! A pretty nifty and inexpensive 3D map editor!

Dungeondraft - 2D map editor

Starting to feel a little overwhelmed here! But that's a good problem to have, lots of tools to choose from!

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Just spent a few minutes looking at some of these, here are some links if others are interested in doing the same . . .

Talespire - 3D VTT

Wildshape - 3D VTT, the link is to their Patreon page, the link to the main page seems to be broken . . .

Flowscape - WOW! A pretty nifty and inexpensive 3D map editor!

Dungeondraft - 2D map editor

Starting to feel a little overwhelmed here! But that's a good problem to have, lots of tools to choose from!
try this

they all have discord channels and youtube channels also....

I use MapTools because it's free, I've been using it on and off for nearly a decade (obligatorily shakes cane and tells the younger VTT kids to get off his lawn), I'm too cheap to spending any money on a program, and I'm only using really heavily using digital maps because I've no other choice due to the plague.

A less snarky, yet equally cynical explanation: I prefer that MapTools is basically the unspoken hero of VTTs. So long as you know at least the basicas of how to script/code it's basically the best kit out there for modding the game as you want, especially if you don't want to deal with corporate licensing frustrations / asinine subscriptions and pricing schemes, especially if all you want is a dang map with tokens on it.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads