Whirtlestaff's Wizards' Academy Revisited, OOC01

Leif

Adventurer
Okay. That question has already been answered in a post made today, in this very thread, even (#288). Also, the earlier RG was in the wrong forum by my mistake. A new RG has been opened in the Plots and Places forum, and all pcs should be placed in that one, the CORRECT RG, found here: http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=224704

new IC thread is here: http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=224681

The setting for Whirtlestaffs is now Sword & Sorcery's Termana, a more specific location is yet to be determined.

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Leif said:
Okay, so would Saturday, May 3rd work better? (I guess it would have to be at least a bit better.) If so, then that's what we'll shoot for. That gives me 8 days to figure out what's going on....;)
may 3rd is fine with me!

so i now start making a new capizzio....

Leif said:
Okay. ...editied ...
The setting for Whirtlestaffs is now Sword & Sorcery's Termana, a more specific location is yet to be determined.

wait, sword and sorcery? what is that? is that still 3.5 / d20?

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Scott DeWar said:
may 3rd is fine with me!
so i now start making a new capizzio....
wait, sword and sorcery? what is that? is that still 3.5 / d20?
Yes, still 3.5 DnD. The specific setting on the continent of Termana is tentatively going to be Kasiavael (The Skysight Realm), which has a population of 100,000 (72% elf, 15% human, 5% half-elf, 8% other races). I've adjusted the racial make-up of the population to suit myself, which meant just reducing the elf pop by 8% and adding the "other" category. I was hoping to find some maps online, but had no luck with that, so I guess I'll have to do some scanning sometime. Kasiavael is ruled by an oligarchy (rulers are the Council of High Magi) of powerful elf wizards. Whirtlestaffs is still mostly run by humans, but they are on very good terms with the authorities in Kasiavael. One or more Council members may actually prove to be alumni/ae of Whirtlestaffs.....

Ok as to the starting potions/scrolls for pcs. That was done originally to provide a soucs of healing to the cleric-poor pcs. But now, other class levels have been permitted, so presumably the party could include one or more characters with cleric/bard levels, so the healing thing is not really necessary any longer. The upshot of that is that potions and scrolls are now to be treated as all other magic items during the character creation process. This may make some significant changes to Capizzio and the others.

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
What's the method for HP generation? Max at first? How 'bout after that?

Also, what's the policy on delaying taking feats? I'm thinking of waiting to take my first feat until Manny gets a +1 BAB but I don't know if there's an official D&D rule about that. (I e-mailed you this one but then thought the others might have similar desires).

Leif

Adventurer
Mowgli said:
What's the method for HP generation? Max at first? How 'bout after that?
Also, what's the policy on delaying taking feats? I'm thinking of waiting to take my first feat until Manny gets a +1 BAB but I don't know if there's an official D&D rule about that. (I e-mailed you this one but then thought the others might have similar desires).
Yes, max hp at first level. Then, let's say 75% of max for succeeding levels, so d4 will get 3 per level, d6 will get 4 per level, d8 will get 6 per level, d10 will get 7 going up to odd numbered class levels and 8 going up to even numbered class levels, and d12 will get 9 per level.

Delaying taking feats? Nope. You either select a new feat at the new level when it is accrued, or you forfeit said feat.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Leif said:
Yes, max hp at first level. Then, let's say 75% of max for succeeding levels, so d4 will get 3/level, d6 will get 4 per level, d8 will get 6 per level, d10 will get 7 going up to odd numbered class levels and 8 going up to even numbered class levels, and d12 will get 9 per level.

Delaying taking feats? Nope. You either select a new feat at the new level when it is accrued, or you forfeit said feat.
Please note once again that you're very first level does not now have to be in the Wizard class. The requirement is that the LAST level you earned before the game starts must be as a wizard.

Remove ads