• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Who are your favorite dungeons/dragons/fantasy artists?

KenM

Banned
Banned
I like Elmore, Hiderbrant, and I think at least an honerbale mention should go to Phil Folgio, I can't belive he was not brought up yet.

Darth Krzysztof

First Post
I always liked Karl Waller, who did B&W stuff for Al-Qadim and Shadowrun, among other things.

Just about anyone who did stuff for Planescape, especially DiTerlizzi & R.K. Post.

And Mike Mignola. Sure, he's not a "fantasy artist" per se, but he did do an excellent Fafhrd & the Grey Mouser miniseries for Epic once upon a time...

Darth Krzysztof said:
And Mike Mignola. Sure, he's not a "fantasy artist" per se, but he did do an excellent Fafhrd & the Grey Mouser miniseries for Epic once upon a time...
Didn't he also do the covers of the White Wolf reprints of the original Leiber stories?

MEG Hal

First Post
Ok, I have a few...
Todd Lockwood (nice guy, amazing artist, proud to know him)
Wayne Reynolds (met him at GenCon and he is a talent as well)
Tony Sczcudlo (did Birthright color interiors and covers, doing Fall of Man and Darkwalkers for MEG)
Jason Engle (use him, love him)
Roel Wielinga (does the best pencil art I have seen, check out MEG's Pantheons and Pagan Faiths or Siege on Ebonring Keep [chapter 1] for his work)

If anyone wants samples of any of these guys I have some on my computer (except for WAR, I have not had the pleasure to work with him yet). These are the cool threads for art directors!

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads