WotC Who should be the next President of WotC?

Who should be the next President of WotC?

• Ed Greenwood

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Jeff Grubs

Votes: 6 9.2%
  • Erin M. Evans

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A MBA already working at Hasbro

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • An MBA external to Hasbro

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • A creative type external to Hasbro

Votes: 11 16.9%
  • Ray Winninger

Votes: 6 9.2%
  • Mark Rosewater

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Tracy Hickman

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Lady Gaga

Votes: 14 21.5%
  • Sydney Sweeney

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • Mike Mearls

Votes: 4 6.2%

Stormonu

Legend
After the reimagined Battlestar Galactica, I realized that new doesn't always mean better. It seems to happen to things I like more and more of late.

At the same time, there are still aspects that can be beneficial - you can keep the "old" and update your processes and looks to give the customer a better experience without making it foreign to what you did before.

For me and mine, I'd like to see them keep reaching into the old adventures and sourcebooks for stuff to bring forward - or create new campaign worlds with the wonder and passion they had in 2E.

I thought I wanted to see more merging between D&D and Magic, but I think now I'd rather they kept away from each other at arm's length. Maybe parallel development for worlds, but not attempting to pull MtG mechanics into D&D.

Thing is, your definition of "best days" and mine may or may not line up, as D&D has been so many different things over the years and editions.
Yeah that's the thing. Lots of people look back on the original dnd as the best days. Many look back on 3.5, or even 4e as the best days.

I consider Xanathar's release to be the peak of DnD personally. Like sure, I've liked lots of new things since then, but over time there has been more and more bad mixed in with the good. But what's 'bad' to me is stuff which is loved by many others.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
This guy, I hear he has some great ideas around management.
Budd-Askins.jpeg

Vaalingrade

Legend
I thought I wanted to see more merging between D&D and Magic, but I think now I'd rather they kept away from each other at arm's length. Maybe parallel development for worlds, but not attempting to pull MtG mechanics into D&D.
Can we do it the other way around?

I'd LOVE to see thoughtful and intentional designs that account for combinations.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
I mean, he's been dead since 1936 but I suggested a couple of other candidates who'd have to use a ouija board to deliver their instructions so sure, why not?

I wonder, can Father Brown cast Speak With Dead? That would simplify matters.
And as the producers of Ouija boards, obviously Hazbro must have plenty of necromancers in their employ.

mamba

Legend
New Pres of WotC: “Baldur’s Gate. What an unbelievable battle. That was the battle of Baldur’s Gate. What an unbelievable I mean, it was so much and so interesting and so vicious and horrible and so beautiful in so many different ways… Baldur’s Gate, wow”
noooo, not that guy.....

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
I agree. While it would be a mistake to ignore the history of D&D, and embracing the past is important..

People probably also though the best days of D&D were already past in the waning days of TSR, and then WotC stepped in a did things a lot of people probably never expected or saw coming. I think we can see the same thing happen again the right leadership..

Which of course is me and my assistant @Lanefan.

I sent my resume to every email address I could find in old Dungeon magazines.. So when they call me I'll let them know we need two plane tickets to Renton.
No plane ticket necessary here: Seattle (and thus Renton) is just a ferry ride away for me, plus a few hours drive. :)

Remove ads