Wildwood Red in Tooth and Claw II [IC]

Pyrex

First Post
"Well, the ravens brought someone else," Weylan responds, pointing towards the stalagmite the woman is hiding behind while she dresses, "And NR4ZN seems to have found someone he knows, though he doesn't appear to be doing so well."

Voadam

Legend
Viktor asks in common "Is it injured? Our village has druids known for their healing skill and magic. And the King can explain Wildwood better to the new arrival than I can."

The dwarf looks around suspiciously and grips his stone greataxe tightly "The goblins got to him, didn't they."

Pyrex

First Post
"I don't think it was the goblins. He was encased in some sort of crystal until NR4ZN did something to that pedestal over there."

Shayuri

First Post
Inamar finally comes out from behind the outcropping, still red, but obviously more at ease. She's donned a loose shirt with a leather vest over it, and a pair of snug leather breeches and shoes. The pattern of mystic symbols glowing blue on her face is no longer the same as when she ducked back there.

She freezes for a moment on seeing the others, then swallows. "Uh...wow. More. I'm Inamar." She hestitates, then adds, "Human. I guess none of you would recognize where I come from though." Her eyes lock on Viktor's horns, then look quickly away.

"Okay...I'm really confused. I think I get the part about being stolen here by a god, because I sort of saw that happen...but -why-? And why all of you? And what is this place? And..." she glances nervously at NR4ZN and finishes, "...well, lets start with those and see where it goes."

Pyrex

First Post
"Why? Why do the gods do anything? If we knew we'd probably be among them." Weylan shrugs, "As for where we are now, he," Weylan nods towards the construct, "wasn't brought here by the crows, he came in some sort of ship. This is where it crashed,"

Voidrazor

First Post
NR4ZN looks up from its rapt attention to a pedastal with glowing crystals atop it. "I must have triggered the emergency wake cycle of this suspended animation chamber. It would be possible to stabilize him here. But unfortunately, the control panel has a psionic interface. [Chirp!] Perchance, are any of my good lords psychic?"

Voadam

Legend
Pyrex said:
"I don't think it was the goblins. He was encased in some sort of crystal until NR4ZN did something to that pedestal over there."

Firblain looks at the convulsing lizardman and scowls "They foul everything they touch, they probably sabotaged the crystal and poisoned him within it."

Voadam

Legend
Shayuri said:
She freezes for a moment on seeing the others, then swallows. "Uh...wow. More. I'm Inamar." She hestitates, then adds, "Human. I guess none of you would recognize where I come from though." Her eyes lock on Viktor's horns, then look quickly away.

"Okay...I'm really confused. I think I get the part about being stolen here by a god, because I sort of saw that happen...but -why-? And why all of you? And what is this place? And..." she glances nervously at NR4ZN and finishes, "...well, lets start with those and see where it goes."

At Inamar's stare Viktor flushes and looks a little uncomfortable but starts to try to answer her questions. "The god is cruel and capricious. According to our King the god watches beings hunt and be hunted. The land is full of dangerous beasts and he summons more all the time to seed the land and see what kills others and what dies under the claws of those already here.

We are exploring here on behalf of our King. Our village is the only haven I know of for new seeds, our King welcomes outsiders such as us and others so long as we do not threaten the village and his people
."

Pyrex

First Post
Voidrazor said:
"[Chirp!] Perchance, are any of my good lords psychic?"

Still unsure why NR4ZN insists on addressing everyone as 'lord', Weylan responds, "I have some psychic ability," Weylan says as he steps over towards NR4ZN, "but I've never seen one of these, you'll have to explain to me how to operate it."

Remove ads