• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wildwood Red in Tooth and Claw II [IC]

Voidrazor

First Post
Getting down on its hand and knees, NR4ZN replies, "I propose further assessing the viability of myself sliding down intentionally and climbing out on the other side. If there is a hostile in that pool, I'd rather confront it than risk it attacking while we are all in precarious postions. With your permission, my lords, I will attempt to determine how difficult the slope is to climb."

If there are no objections, the muddy robot will carefully manuever to the edge. It then sticks its hand in the slope experimentally, trying to gauge the difficulty of an ascent.

Voadam

Legend
Weylan begins to edge carefully and slowly along after the badger along the narrow ledge. It is a long drop down but he focuses on his footing instead of the drop and makes progress.

NR4ZN maneuvers to the edge and extends an arm down to check the consistency of the wall. While slick, he calculates that it is within his capabilities if the other side proves to be of the same general consistency. The zoder is confident he could ascend and descend this side and at least scout out the pool.

chakken98

First Post
ooc: sorry about delay...

Following the badger to the ledge Thelso will allow Weylan and Inamar to cross it before he follows. Feeling should anything come up from behind them he would be more able to take the attack then Inamar....

Shayuri

First Post
Once Weylan is across, Inamar grimaces, but follows him over. She's actually quite surefooted, though the nervous looks she keeps casting at the pool of water show she's also highly motivated.

(Taking 10 if I can, with Dex that makes 13 on Balance)

Voadam

Legend
The badger makes it across and takes up a wary position at the far end tunnel scanning deeper down and sniffing the air. Weylan can hear him snarling a low rumble sound. Moving carefully Weylan is able to follow the badger's footsteps.

Inamar begins to inch her way around carefully while Thelso watches back the way the party came.

NR4ZN notes another few gaseous bubbles pop up from the algae and the pool surface shifts a little in response.

Pyrex

First Post
Weylan stands at the edge of the tunnel, hoping the badger won't go to far without everyone following.

"I really don't like the looks of that pool NR, perhaps you should try sliding around the edge first before climbing down."

Voidrazor

First Post
Taking Weylan's disapproval to heart, NR4ZN waits. But the robot does take the liberty of positioning itself to go if she should fall or if something attacks from the pool.

Assuming she crosses safely, NR4ZN climbs around the rim using the ledge as a hand and foothold. as it goes, the robot will plant and reposition its tree trunk as a support. But before going the warzoder defers to Thelso, "My lord Thelso, would you like to proceed, or would you prefer that I went ahead?"

Last edited:

Voadam

Legend
Inamar makes her way around slowly but steadily and joins Weylan on the other side safely leaving just the mud-covered Zoder and dover left to cross over.

Shayuri

First Post
Inamar cheers on getting to the other side and claps Weylan on the back.

She then turns watch the others climb along and calls encouraging things like, "Come on over! I'm sure whatever's in there doesn't have long, meaty tentacles that it uses to grab people that are passing!" She even wiggles her fingers for effect.

(hee, it's OOC, so I couldn't say it, but I had 'red rover, red rover, let dover come over' stuck in my head this whole post. :))

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads