• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Winner Announced! Halfing Haiku contest! [The Hamlet of Thumble]

maransreth

Explorer
Halflings of the world
Unite under one banner
Thumble is capital.

(Just couldn't find a way to make Thumble the capital and keep it in the spirit of haiku :rolleyes: )

Feathercircle

First Post
Though at present time
I do not wish to enter
Still I query you
Seek you haiku form only?
Or shall tanka be allowed?

Tanka are the other major kind of traditional Japanese poetry... They're supposed to be 31 sylables in a 5-7-5-7-7 form. I like them sometimes when I have a little more to say than I can fit in a haiku but can't quite manage to string several haiku together.

Ed Cha

Community Supporter
And the winner is.... Varianor Abroad for:

"Fields follow sunshine
Carrots for supper tonight
Leaventhale slumbers"

There were a lot of good ones, but I think this one sounds like a haiku. It also follows the 5/7/5 structure and relates specifically to the setting.

Varianor Abroad, please send me your mailing information (to: generalatopenworldpressdotcom) and I will ship a copy to you as soon as possible.

Honorable Mention goes to: Macbeth, Voadam, alsih2o, Crothian, Grayhawk, and Bloodsparrow.

Thanks to all those who entered! It was a difficult choice. :)

Grayhawk

First Post
Congratulations, Varianor Abroad! :)

While I wouldn't have minded winning myself, it's good that the book goes to someone else as I bought The Hamlet of Thumble myself about a week ago, due to it's great reviews.

I still haven't read through all of it, but so far I like what I've seen.

Great job Ed Cha!

Ed Cha said:
Varianor Abroad, please send me your mailing information and I will ship a copy to you as soon as possible.

Honorable Mention goes to: Macbeth, Voadam, alsih2o, Crothian, Grayhawk, and Bloodsparrow.

Thanks to all those who entered! It was a difficult choice. :)

Many thanks to Ed Cha for offering up this opportunity. It was a fun idea. Grayhawks' was a most excellent haiku. I would have been pleased to be second place to it. I must also say that I read each and every other entry, and enjoyed them all, particularly the honorable mentions.

The email has already been sent. I look forward to opening it some night with a mug of hot cider. Thanks!

Remove ads