Wizards Digital Initiative Moving Forward

MojoGM

First Post
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
This seems like they're just at the beginning of their development process, though, so it might be a while before we see anything major.

That's what really annoys me about this whole thing. Code Monkey may have been a little ways from having RPG Forge out, but they were a hell of a lot closer than this. So by pulling the license now we get no electronic access to offical content until WotC gets their crap together, and who knows when that will be? A year? Two? More?

It blows my mind that this long after 3E came about we are still waiting for good OFFICIAL electronic support for our games. E-Tools may not have been perfect, but it saved me countless hours in game prep. But now even that's no longer available.

I only wish I had the foresight to buy all the Eberron data sets when I could...but of course I didn't know I'd get into it now...

JVisgaitis

Explorer
MojoGM said:
That's what really annoys me about this whole thing. Code Monkey may have been a little ways from having RPG Forge out, but they were a hell of a lot closer than this.

Possibly... Code Monkey has floundered so much it's ridiculous. Regardless of what they had going on behind the scenes and how much bad luck they've had, to the people on the outside (i.e. me) it looks like nothing more then gross incompetence. Couple that with the way they dealt with criticism on their forums and the amount of trust that their customers lost, I can see why Wizards pulled the license.

MojoGM said:
So by pulling the license now we get no electronic access to offical content until WotC gets their crap together, and who knows when that will be? A year? Two? More?

I'd say a year. If they get a full team on staff that works on this 8 hours a day, it shouldn't take longer then a year. For all we know it would have taken Code Monkey longer to get their crap together. They promised a demo at Gencon two years ago. That's equally insane.

MojoGM said:
It blows my mind that this long after 3E came about we are still waiting for good OFFICIAL electronic support for our games.

Blows my mind too. I was so expecting them to announce something regarding that at D&D Experience. When they were quoted as saying "we would love to offer a product like that" and "we are looking hard into that now" my jaw almost hit the floor.

I'm really glad I wasn't at that meeting or I would have went crazy. Good software support is so crucial and vital in this day and age and they are looking at it now? How in the Nine Hells can they be so short sighted? Especially when they are so well know for their marketing surveys and the pulse they have on the industry.

Sorry, rant over.

philreed

Adventurer
Supporter
FATDRAGONGAMES said:
All we use in the FDG office (and at my home) are Macs-I absolutely love my G5.

I used Macs until a year ago when I picked up a tablet.

Damn the lack of a Mac tablet.

Mercule

Adventurer
FATDRAGONGAMES said:
I'd lean toward "more".

In preparation for 4E? (Man, I hope not.)

I have got to try a newer Mac. I haven't even seen OSX in person. I absolutely hated all the Mac OSes prior to OSX, but I've heard nothing but good about the latest.

Remove ads