Wizards In Winter - High-Level Thread (DM: Son of Meepo, Judge: TwoHeadsBarking)

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Dox attempts to climb the rope. He does so with surprising alacrity, climbing almost to the deck
OOC: I wished I readied tie rope not climb. Anyway Athletics: 21 (yay!). So that's 3 squares of movement up which is at deck level but not on deck, correct? Or is he on deck?

Last edited:

Son of Meepo

First Post
Dox attempts to climb the rope. He does so with surprising alacrity, climbing almost to the deck
OOC: I wished I readied tie rope not climb. Anyway Athletics: 21 (yay!). So that's 3 squares of movement up which is at deck level but not on deck, correct? Or is he on deck?

GM: 3 squares will just get you to the top of the deck.

Son of Meepo

First Post
GM: [MENTION=36973]stonegod[/MENTION] - Since you can move horizontally as well as vertically with your 3 squares of movement, I don't want to assume where you appear back on the ship. Once you place Dox on the ship, I will continue with the monsters' turns.

Son of Meepo

First Post
The flying creatures continue to rain wind and thunder upon the ship.

Tarkus falls again under the assault as do several sailors.

The crew continues to try to secure the sails, but they've lost several sailors to the assaults of storm and monster.

GM: The balance DC is now 8/4. (The central mast is completely secured.)

Air Elemental

[sblock=Actions]Start of Turn: Phantom on the Wind - The air elemental becomes invisible whenever it starts its turn without an enemy adjacent to it. The invisibility lasts until the end of its next turn or until it attacks.

Standard: Rampant Storm
Attack: Close blast 3 (enemies in the blast); +13 vs. Reflex (Tarkus, Earth, Dox)
Hit: 3d8 + 5 damage, and the target is dazed until the end of the air elemental’s next turn if it could not see the elemental before the attack.
(Damage; Tarkus, Earth, Dox) (3d8+5=17, 1d20+13+2=33, 1d20+13+2=26, 1d20+13+2=32) (HIT, HIT, HIT)[/sblock]

Abishai

[sblock=Actions]Start of Turn: Regenerate 5
Move: As indicated

Abishai 1
Standard:
Thunderbolt
Attack: Area burst 2 within 10; +10 vs Reflex (Kauldron, Earth, Dox)
Hit: 2d6+5 thunder damage.
(Damage; Kauldron; Earth; Dox) (2d6+5=7, 1d20+10+2=27, 1d20+10+2=31, 1d20+10+2=32) (HIT, HIT, CRIT)

Abishai 2
Standard:
Thunderbolt
Attack: Area burst 2 within 10; +10 vs Reflex (Tarkus, Earth, Dox)
(Damage; Tarkus; Earth; Dox) (2d6+5=16, 1d20+10+2=27, 1d20+10+2=14, 1d20+10+2=19) (HIT, MISS, MISS)

Abishai 3
Standard:
Thunderbolt
Attack: Area burst 2 within 10; +10 vs Reflex (Brenwar, Cyr)
(Damage; Brenwar; Cyr) (2d6+5=12, 1d20+10=27, 1d20+10=28) (HIT, HIT)
[/sblock]

Rapida

First Post
OOC:
[MENTION=78756]Son of Meepo[/MENTION]: I think you ignored my divine challenge on the air elemental. Not sure if that was intentional or not, but should have the -2 on attack for not targeting me.

Son of Meepo

First Post
OOC:
@Son of Meepo : I think you ignored my divine challenge on the air elemental. Not sure if that was intentional or not, but should have the -2 on attack for not targeting me.

GM: I looked over the player's conditions and forgot to check the air elemental itself, so you're right, it has a -2, but all the attacks still hit easily. It wouldn't have changed the targeting as the elemental was at full health and would rather attack 3 targets than 2.

Added the 10 damage to the elemental.

Rapida

First Post
Brenwar begins glowing with a radiant light as he quickly maneuvers to the dying cleric. With a brief prayer to Palladys he lays his hands on Tarkus bringing him back to consciousness. The radiant light surrounding Brenwar shields the dazed cleric, "Time to wake up, we still have plenty to do before taking a nap."
[sblock=Combat]
Pre-turn:
32/71 HP
Acrobatics (1d20-1=8)

Move Action:
Radiant Stride to O14
--Brenwar gains partial concealment (Not factored in below)
--Adjacent allies gain partial concealment

Minor Action:
Lay on Hands (Tarkus)
--Tarkus gains his healing surge value + 5 HP (16 HP gained from -9, to put you at 16 HP)
--Brenwar spends a healing surge and gains 4/- DR for spending a surge

Standard Action:
Draw a throwing hammer

End Turn:
32/71 HP
Partial Concealment (Radiant Stride, EoNT)
[/sblock]
[sblock=Stats]
Brenwar – Male Human Paladin 8
http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/PC:Brenwar_Holyshield_(Rapida)

Initiative: +3, Speed: 5 Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 25

AC: 26 Fort: 19, Reflex: 19, Will: 22, Resist: 4/all, 5/fire

HP: 32/71, Bloodied: 35 , Surge Value: 18, Surges Left: 11/13

Action Points: 1

Feats of Note:

Whenever Brenwar spends a healing surge, he gains 4 resistance to all damage until the start of his next turn.

OA Basic Melee Attack: +12 Virtuous Strike (Vanguard's Hammer) 1d10+6 Damage

Powers At-Will Powers:Divine Challenge, Ardent Strike, Virtuous Strike, Lay on Hands (3/4 Remaining)

Encounter Powers: Valorous Smite, Righteous Smite, Virtue, Channel Divinity, Deliverance of Faith, Heroic Effort, Divine Reverence, Shield of Devotion, Radiant Stride, Second Wind

Daily Powers: Majestic Halo, Hallowed Circle, Healing Word
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Darksteed

First Post
OOC: Just pointing out that Kauldron is not a legal target in the Abishai's blast. The Abishai is 12 up in the air, it's attack is range 10. Meaning that is it already stretching out it's blast to maximize it's range. Kauldron is down 3 in the water from the deck itself.

.................Ship Deck
...........I------------------
...........I
...........I Climb 2
...........I
...........I
...........I
...........I Climb 1
...........I
--------I
Water
(Kauldron)