Wizards In Winter - High-Level Thread (DM: Son of Meepo, Judge: TwoHeadsBarking)

Son of Meepo

First Post
OOC: Addressed... unfortunately for Dox.

Dox slips just below the surface of the waves. You can barely make out the dark form in the water.

GM: You can hold your breath for 3 minutes (30 rounds) before having to make endurance checks. However, if you take damage while underwater (such as failing your endurance check against the cold at the end of your turn) you have to make a DC 20 endurance check or lose a healing surge.

Son of Meepo

First Post
OOC: And its another Swim check every round

GM: Yes, the good news is that you are still within reach of a rope that is thrown to you. The bad news is that surfacing will require hitting that DC 20 since you are trying to move upwards. At 15 you remain where you are, less than 15 you sink another square. Once you sink another square, the rope will have to be weighted which will take an additional standard action for someone on board the ship to prepare such a rope or to go searching for a suitable rope already weighted.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Martelai shimmers as the aboleth dies and re-appears close to the mast, wreathed in winter spray and ice, concealing him.

He stands up and balefully looks at the air elemental above.

He focuses trying to force his mind into that of the elemental, but fails. His purple tattoo flares under his clothes and the power lashes out burning him, but the mind of the creature remains closed.

Cursing, he prepares for retaliatory strike.

[sblock=Actions]
On death of Aboleth2 pact boon triggers (gain +2 to one d20 roll TENT)
Also triggers Blackleaf gloves teleport, which teleports Martelai 3 squares to P15, he gains concealment

Acrobatics (1d20+4=23)

Move: Stand up
Minor: Curse Air elemental
Standard: All the Sands, All the Stars vs Air Will; psychic damage; curse (1d20+10+1=18, 2d6+7=14, 1d6=4) - forgot pact boon, lucky me, I get to use it on the next one :)

Free: Sacrifice to Caiphon (7 damage) to regain the power
AP: gain 5 thp due to fireheart tattoo
All the Sands, All the Stars; psychic damage; curse (1d20+10+1+2=16, 2d6+7+2=17, 1d6=3) - can you believe this?! wasted round!
[/sblock]

Rapida

First Post
Brenwar once again slides on the icy deck, catching himself before colliding with Cyr. He stands and says a prayer forcing the air elemental to face him or be hurt by Palladys' divine light. Seeing his ally fall below the waves he gives a half-hearted toss at the elemental.
OOC:
This fight is really annoying, I'll be glad when we get some solid ground under our feet and monsters I can charge.

[MENTION=36973]stonegod[/MENTION] Unless one of the other useless melee fighters wants to throw you a rope, I can throw you one next round. The heavy shield stopped me from drawing it this round without using that hammer, so I went ahead and tossed it at something.

[sblock=Combat]
Pre-turn:
Acrobatics (and failure) (1d20-1=15, 1d8=1)
41/71 HP (2 THP)
Prone
Haha, I got a zero...
Acrobatics (1d20-1=0)
Direction (1d8=5)
[MENTION=78756]Son of Meepo[/MENTION] That would end me in the square with Cyr so I just ended the square before. Tell me if I should do otherwise.

Move Action:
Stand up

Minor Action:
Divine Challenge Air Elemental (I believe it is in range since you take the greater distance, vertical or horizontal when targeting. If it isn't in range then turn this into me drawing a rope for Dox)

Standard Action:
Throwing Hammer vs. Air Elemental (1d20+7=11, 1d6+1=4)

End Turn:
41/71 HP (2 THP)
[/sblock]
[sblock=Stats]
Brenwar – Male Human Paladin 8
http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/PC:Brenwar_Holyshield_(Rapida)

Initiative: +3, Speed: 5 Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 25

AC: 26 Fort: 19, Reflex: 19, Will: 22, Resist: 1/all, 5/fire

HP: 41/71 (2), Bloodied: 35 , Surge Value: 18, Surges Left: 12/13

Action Points: 1

Feats of Note:

Whenever Brenwar spends a healing surge, he gains 4 resistance to all damage until the start of his next turn.

OA Basic Melee Attack: +12 Virtuous Strike (Vanguard's Hammer) 1d10+6 Damage

Powers At-Will Powers:Divine Challenge, Ardent Strike, Virtuous Strike, Lay on Hands (4/4 Remaining)

Encounter Powers: Valorous Smite, Righteous Smite, Virtue, Channel Divinity, Deliverance of Faith, Heroic Effort, Divine Reverence, Shield of Devotion, Radiant Stride, Second Wind

Daily Powers: Majestic Halo, Hallowed Circle, Healing Word
[/sblock]

Darksteed

First Post
OOC: Kauldron will help out Dox. He's right there anyways. Heck he might even be with Dox if he fails the athletics roll. 4 out of 8 adjacent squares are all water. Ha!

Will post up later tonight.

Darksteed

First Post
*Suddenly the ship lurches causing the ground from under kauldron himself to give. The ironclad paladin gets thrown clear through the wooden rail of the ship and sent sailing into the chilled water below. With a loud "SPLOOSH!!" as he hit the water, and an eruption of water splashes the deck as if a cannonball hit the water close by.*

COLD!!! COLD!!!

*The fire goblin resurfaces crying out. Luckily his natural internal heating keeping some of the cold out for the time being. He slings his shield upon his back, and begins to swim towards the newly descended rope. Surprisingly enough even in that heavy armor Kauldron seems to swim like a professional.*

[sblock=Actions]Start of Turn: Acrobatics vs. DC 10 (Fail; 7)
-Effect: Slide to L11.
-Save vs. Falling: Fail (7)

Standard: Sling Heavy Shield.

Move: Fast Swim to K13.
-Effect: Athletics vs. DC 20 (Critical Success; 33)
-Effect: Kauldron takes a -5 penalty to attacks, and grants Combat Advantage until the start of his next turn.[/sblock]

[sblock=Kauldron]Kauldron- Male Goblin Paladin 8
Passive Perception: 14, Passive Insight: 14

Normal
AC: 30 (Bloodied 29), Fort: 26, Ref: 23, Will: 24

Attacks 6 or More Squares Away from Kauldron
AC: 31, Fort: 28, Ref: 25, Will: 26

Resistances: Fire 5, Lightning 5, Ongoing Damage 3

Saving Throws: If Kauldron is dazed or stunned, Kauldron can make a saving throw at the start of his turn to end that effect, even if the effect doesn’t normally end on a save.

Initiative: +6
Speed: 5

HP: 44/71, Temp HP: 0
Bloodied: 35, Surge Value: 17, Surges left: 12/12

Powers-
Divine Challenge
Enfeebling Strike
Goblin Tactics
Virtuous Strike

Action Point (Demonskin Tattoo) [X]
Blade of Light [ ]
Call to Challenge [ ]