Wizards of the Coast Employees Walk Out Over Hasbro's 'Tone-Deaf' Response to Overturning of Roe v. Wade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
That's what things like constitutions are for. US isn't democracy it's a decentalized republic and atm is rated as a flawed democracy although it's high up in that category.

Made sense in 1776 but stupid now not my country. We younked your countries system.

Mod Note:
Apparently, two moderators asking folks to step back from the political theory wasn't enough for you.

So, you are done in this thread.

beancounter

(I/Me/Mine)
As I've said before.

Corporations exist to maximize shareholder value...

Assuming the article is true, they did what they did (in their judgement) to minimize any "damage" to their bottom line.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
I really miss living in CA. It might be at the forefront of a lot of issues, but it's still part of this here land of the free, where the guiding principle always comes down to "You're on your own."
Yeah, even the state where you have to pretend to not have that guiding principle in order to get elected a lot of the time, it still be like that...

Just for kicks I'm considering having CA succeed from the US in the near future of my game's setting, over growing differences of moral philosophy, and basically using economic bullying to stop the US from sending in tanks to stop us. :ROFLMAO:

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
As I've said before.

Corporations exist to maximize shareholder value...

Assuming the article is true, they did what they did (in their judgement) to minimize any "damage" to their bottom line.
Folks now like to shop with companies that share their values. Minimizing damage is something that is going to become more and more difficult for corps.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
There is, and I expect the gas money they just agreed to pay out played a large part in the change of mind.
I must have missed that. To google!

Wow. My wife tells me she did some math and we're probably going to get around $750. It won't be in time to help us move right now, but I'll take it.

This is why I am grateful to live in CA, warts and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads