• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[WKSHP] Sun Mage

BSF

Explorer
Specifically, a Sun Mage conversion for 3.5. Tyrm currently uses Sun Mage for his base class. It has some cool aspects to it, but I think the class may be somewhat undermined by relying on 3.0 for the ruleset. Namely in the spell list. There are some spells in 3.5 that were not in 3.0.

Mike, let's take a look at the class and work out the conversion. We will focus on using OGC, so when you have a chance, look over spells that seem to fit the Thematic component for the class. When I have time, I will begin transcribing stuff from Path of Magic for the class.

Last edited:

Kultar

First Post
Would you let me look through your books this friday and see what I can come up with in the way of spells? Not sure what books you will and wont let me pull from so thought I would give you time to think about that. Oh and how do you feel about new spell ideas that I have. I'll talk to you more about that tomarrow night.

BSF

Explorer
For now, let's focus on stuff in the core books/SRD. If we are able to get a solid update, I have every intention of making it publibly available. I can't believe nobody has felt a need to update the Sun Mage after more than a year of 3.5 being available.

Once we have a solid update, then I would like to look at any possible house rules to make the Sun Mage more of a Belmay ambiance and feel. Not that all Sun Mages need to follow Belmay, but it is firmly established that they derive power from the Sun so a little bit of spin that shows Belmay's influence would be good.

I would also encourage you to think about minor spell thematics to differentiate you from every other arcane spellcaster. Nothing that changes the mechanics, just stuff that emphasizes the flavor. I have some ideas if you are drawing a blank.

Remove ads