WOIN N.E.W. Space Opera [OOC]...

Sorry. I know you use that for attacks. I meant for the melee damage.

Example: Unarmed damage is 1d6+number of dice in your Strength pool (1d6+2 for Summer).

Is it the same for a melee WEAPON? Her stun baton is 2d6 Electricity. Is it 2d6+2? Her knife the same? That's the part I haven't seen called out for some reason, even though under Strength in the Attributes section is it says it is used for "melee damage". It just doesn't give details.

You can add your STR or skill dice as a + which ever is greater. Rule is on Page 87 in the weapons section.

So the wording on perception filter psi power is odd. Below is the text.

Perception Filter: (Telepathy) (requires PSI 5). You render yourself hard to notice with a telepathic effect which causes others to simply ignore you. Perception filters work automatically on those with an INT attribute of less than your PSI score, while more intuitive creatures will notice you immediately.
If you make an attack, the effect ends immediately. Creatures aware of you cannot thereafter be affected by the perception filter.

The beginning is straight forward. Any creature with a INT < my PSI doesn't notice me. Next part says if I make an attack the effect ends immediately. The bolded part is what I am curious about. I see this as meaning that any creature that becomes aware of me can't suddenly be caused to ignore me again. The cannot thereafter wording is throwing me off. It could just mean that once a creature is aware of you you can't affect them with the power again until they are no longer aware of you. Or it could mean that once a creature is aware of you you can never use the power on them again. [MENTION=6801242]GreenKarl[/MENTION] I am curious how you interpret this power. As the 1 time use only interpretation makes the power incredibly limiting and not really worth taking in my eyes.

GreenKarl

First Post
Hmm I think this means that so long as the creature of aware of you the filter cannot affect them again. So for the rest of the encounter. If you leave for a time (depends) and they stop thinking about you (if you were in combat with it you are probably on its mind for at least an hour or so). After that your filter starts affecting it again.

Hmm I think this means that so long as the creature of aware of you the filter cannot affect them again. So for the rest of the encounter. If you leave for a time (depends) and they stop thinking about you (if you were in combat with it you are probably on its mind for at least an hour or so). After that your filter starts affecting it again.

That was my reading of it as well but it's always good to ask the GM when there is ambiguity in a rule.

mfloyd3

Explorer
Looks like we crossed posts. Sure, I'll have Angel make the roll unless anyone objects.

GK, minor rules question: If Luck replenishes every day and we're not expecting any action before arriving on that planet, that means I can use a Luck pool more or less without fear of consequences for the requisition role, correct? The only consequence would be if I needed another roll in the same day? Not trying to abuse the system, just want to make sure I understand it.

Remove ads