• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

World War Z

Brother Allard

First Post
Caros said:
Do you need any help makin a character?
I'm working on one now, thanks to DarwinofMind.

Questions: in real life I'm a biosciences librarian in a major research university in the US. I have explicit liaison relationships with researchers working on third world diseases, and in my previous job that was my primary clientèle - meaning I keep up on these sorts of things. If you need to know something about dengue or river blindness, I'm the guy to ask. So: do I include that, given that it would make me rather more likely than the average joe to recognize an outbreak of African Rabies, or should I gloss that over?

Jemal

Adventurer
Ethan, RE: Metal bat...
Have you ever actually hit something solid wtih a metal bat? The problem is depending on their construction they tend to either break or reverberate so badly your hands go numb. I don't like metal bats, I'd go with wood personally.

Brother Allard - i don't think that should be a problem, so long as your sheet has the appropriate skills & Abilities. Caros should be coming on shortly.

ethandrew

First Post
I prefer wooden bats too, since they're heavier and pack more of a wallop, but I don't really see myself using either if I can avoid it, so having a lighter travel bat would be preferable, even if durability is in question. But you can get a lot more speed swinging a metal bat. Plus I never specified what kind of metal, could be steel :cool:

Last edited:

Caros

First Post
Alright, sounds good brother Allard. In responce to your question, I don't mind you knowing a bit about it. During your first few posts I'll give you a bit more info than most if you have the appropriate skils. That said, African rabies is most prevelent in countries that are closed. The Warren-Knight report was never really well distributed, and the communication coming out of isreal is... well its somewhat scoffed at, at best.

To add to that, the majority of test subjects, are of necessity dead, and it becomes a difficult disease to study. Still you know more than most =)

Brother Allard

First Post
Well, I took a middle path. It's difficult to represent that specific sort knowledge in a game system without making it the primary focus, and it really shouldn't be. Not in this case.

In any case, here's the first pass.

Name: Alan L Age: 35 Player: Brother Allard
Concept: Myself Virtue: Prudence Vice: Pride

ATTRIBUTES (5/4/3)
Mental(5) Physical(3) Social(4)
Power Intelligence: *** Strength: ** Presence: **
Finesse Wits: *** Dexterity: ** Manipulation: ***
Resistance Resolve: ** Stamina: ** Composure: **

SKILLS (11/7/4)
MENTAL = 11
Academics***, Computers**, Medicine ** (First Responder), Occult *, Politics *, Science ** (Human Health)

PHYSICAL = 4
Athletics*, Brawl*, Survival** (Roughing It)

SOCIAL = 7
Empathy*, Expression**, Persuasion**, Subterfuge**

OTHER TRAITS
MERITS (7)
Mental: Encyclopedic Knowledge ****
Physical: Direction Sense *, Fleet of Foot **

HEALTH: 7
WILLPOWER: 4
MORALITY: 7

Size: 5(Normal)
Speed: 11
Initiative: 4
Defense: 2
EXPERIENCE:

Description: A bearded man in his mid-thirties dressed in office casual. His beard is well trimmed, but his hair is shaggy and his shoes are in a semi-deplorable state.

Biosciences librarian at the University of Saskatchewan Health Sciences Library, Alan is a generalist with a mind for stray trivia. Over-educated and something of a know-it-all, Alan is a generally decent sort, if occassionally a bit of a blowhard. Despite his fondness for backpacking and canoeing, Alan is a bit doughy in the middle - evidence of his competing fondness for fried food. Once, in the distant past, he worked as a volunteer firefighter and EMT. He probably remembers some of that.

Eltharon

Explorer
Hey, I was wondering if you had room for one other zombie fanatic in this game. ;)
I've got almost all the NWoD books, so I won't need help making a character, and if you need any obscure book info, odds are I have it.

Caros

First Post
Brother allard, looks good. Post in the RG =)

Eltharon, I think I've got room for 2-3 more before it becomes a hassle updating. I tend to update about once every day or two. For today the update will be coming this evening. Just taking a break in the middle of tabletop gaming =)

Eltharon

Explorer
Alright, I'll get my character up.
A quick question: I'm currently a student, do you want me to stat that or me as I hope to be once I'm out of college? (Which would be a private investigator...)

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
Since the game is currently in Wednesday August 22 2007 at 3:11 am

I'd assume he wants you how you were then.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads