WORST Comics Storyline

Does anyone remember the classic "Spider-Man, Storm, and Power Man battle Smokescreen" comics? That's a special kind of bad.

It's probably worth mentioning that there's a strong history of political and religious propaganda comics that exist on their own level of terrible. I assume "worst" for the purposes of this thread is in terms of stuff from the standard publishers, but there's definitely some gray areas.

Ryujin

Legend
Does anyone remember the classic "Spider-Man, Storm, and Power Man battle Smokescreen" comics? That's a special kind of bad.

It's probably worth mentioning that there's a strong history of political and religious propaganda comics that exist on their own level of terrible. I assume "worst" for the purposes of this thread is in terms of stuff from the standard publishers, but there's definitely some gray areas.
Oh yes, it gets into a whole different strain of "bad" with people like Jack Chick ;)

R_J_K75

Legend
The worst of all DC Big Summer Crossovers That Change Everything! is definitely Genesis. Holy crap.
My feelings are that any extended cross-over event where if you want the whole story you have to read outside of the titles you normally read is terrible. Marvels Civil War comes to mind. I was looking at the full checklist yesterday and was going to reply to this thread but got sidetracked. There were well over 80 issues, and cost a ton of money to keep up. Stupidly, I did. A good example to me of what a good cross-over is "Kravens Last Hunt" 6 issues total, 2 ea of Amazing Spider-Man, Web of Spider-Man and Peter Parker the Spectacular Spider-Man. NUFF SAID DENNY!!

Parmandur

Book-Friend

Oh, I think Jack Chick's history if the world megaissue is worthy of consideration here. Wherein he expounds, with utmost sincerity, how Islam was a Jesuit plot to suppress Baptists. Not a joke.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Dark Dungeons is a work of absute genius. Accidentally, probably.
Other Chick Tracts ate actually much worse, believe it or not. He is singlehandedly responsible for creating and spreading the idea that people are poisoning Halloween candy (that is not happening), and it gets worse and darker...

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
The Green Lantern story where they introduce the "emotional rainbow" nonsense. Don't know the name of it. But it's terrible.
I actually liked this, and it sort of made sense after yellow for fear and green for courage (is courage an emotion?). And iirc, it was introduced in a Free Comic Book Day freebie... at least that's where me and my sons encountered it first

Remove ads