• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Wot] Does anyone play it? Is it any good?

Bendris Noulg

First Post
Well, I'm heavily involved in my own campaign creation, and I play solo in an Oathbound game, so no, I've not the time to partake in a WoT game. However, I do have the rulebook, and I must say, I'm far more impressed with it than I am with the Core rules. Definately a stronger focus on flavor, setting and story, which is a plus for any RPG.

Eosin the Red

First Post
It has more of a low magic feel (not less powerful but infrequent occurance). I like it better than 3e which is a little too magic happy for my own taste. The rules are good, with some cut and paste errors. The classes & magic system are the best parts.

Check out my dead web page (link in sig) for some stuff on the system.

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
I love the system. The rules are in general bette rexplained and edited than in D&D corebooks, and the classes are wonderful, very adaptable for any low-magic setting (for example the Woodman is what a non-magic non-Dritzz ranger should be, the perfect alt ranger IMHO). And the book is PRETTY.

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
Treebore said:
Do any of you know why WOTC no longer supports it?

It wasn't supposed to get support. It was created as a standalone book with one adventure as only supplement, from the beginning. It is a pity, yes...

But you always have the ten huge books from Robert Jordan to take ideas from :)

Allanon

Explorer
And if you follow the founding father of the books a little you'll at least know that you're campaign will go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on :rolleyes:

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
Allanon said:
And if you follow the founding father of the books a little you'll at least know that you're campaign will go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on :rolleyes:

and nobody knows if your campaign will ever finish, or even if you know how it will finish...

Remove ads