WotBS (conversion to Pathfinder) OOC

Songdragon

Explorer
HM. I updated the character sheet with the changes asked for.

For your questions, yes there would be a +4 bonus vs charm/compulsion magics. If you really want I can change traits or the like?

Diplomats starting funds are 4d4x10 = 160gp maxed

And I took your advice and picked up 2 scrolls of cure light wounds (50g)

If there is anything else, let me know.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
No Songdragon that will about do it, I couldn't check your domains as I still don't have my APG. :( Man this has been the longest week waiting for Tue to get here.

I don't know why my pre-order is so late it's almost like not getting it (pre) before the release date.

I have seen a discussion on Hero points and will possible use them just don't know how at the moment.

Also I think the only thing left is to fugure out everyones motivations/connections to the start of this adventure. Marda has connections to the resistance and to Aaron so when people are needed she could be asked by her uncle and then she could ask Aaron to accompany her.

Shade hmmm... I guess the promise of money, and a way out of the city about to be possibly put under seige, my prompt her to help (a little).

The two casters should be real easy as everyone has heard of the "Scourge" and the Inquisitors of the Ragesian. Users of magic (arcane & divine) are being hunted down and taken away, so when it is learned a way to stop them might be found in helping, they could have step forward.

The adventure starts with the adventures being asked to meet a resistance member at midnight New Year's Eve. Run with that if you want to add something to your background about how you accepted and are headed to the Poison Apple Pub.

HM

Dragonwriter

First Post
Could be the Resistance contacts Barrik after hearing him ask around about his family. He keeps his casting quiet, preferring to look like a half-orc warrior (and he looks the part). Maybe they offer to trade information for a favor?

Barrik's magical ability is so limited, he probably wouldn't be worried about the Scourge.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Good or maybe someone does know or suspects his casting and left it cryptic. That would get Barrick wondering and headed over to tavern.

Or better he was contacted as muscule for the "mission" and later come to reliaze he's a summoner. That is a good angle.

However you wish to play it just need some motivation as to why you head to the meeting.

HM

Dragonwriter

First Post
Good or maybe someone does know or suspects his casting and left it cryptic. That would get Barrick wondering and headed over to tavern.

Or better he was contacted as muscule for the "mission" and later come to reliaze he's a summoner. That is a good angle.

However you wish to play it just need some motivation as to why you head to the meeting.

HM

I don't think he'd have any cause to use his magic in town. And he only calls up his Eidolon when he may be getting into danger he can't handle. Like stuff on the road...

I like the "contacted as muscle" idea. Half-orc with a falchion, big, strong build... And then they find out it's a "two-for-one deal". ;)

It would seem the best motivation would be a trade. At least, that's what comes to mind for me. He does the Resistance a favor (and they think he's just a warrior), so they tell him what they know about his family's destination or just business in the city. Or they could be cheating him and know nothing about his family, only claiming it... Which would make him really mad...

The "service for info trade" seems like the best angle for Barrik to get involved. The results are, of course, totally up to you, HM.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Well, go figure! The two survivors of the poison attack are now heading to the Poison Apple Pub...

It would seem fate is calling. I finished the background, as it's tied in with Marda's. Traded the 0 level spell to Detect Poison, as I thought it fit in with the background and all. Aaron is set to go!

Songdragon

Explorer
Curious since the WotBS came out before the APG, Inquisitors in Ragesain, are they different then the class? If so, perhaps a name change in one of them, so as not to be confused?

I pulled the text I had for the domains from the book itself. The pdf is copy and pastable. The only part shortened is the explanation of time/use per day.

Dragonwriter

First Post
Curious since the WotBS came out before the APG, Inquisitors in Ragesain, are they different then the class? If so, perhaps a name change in one of them, so as not to be confused?

Don't forget WotBS was originally 3.5, and there is no such base class as Inquisitor. A few Prestige Classes had that in part of the name, but they were part of different groups, as I recall.

The Ragesian Inquisitors are, as I understand, a kind of secret police. Somewhat like the Gestapo of Nazi Germany, with religious overtones.

But, yeah, a name change for one might be a good idea...

Remove ads