WotBS (conversion to Pathfinder) OOC

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Ok - I will take a look at the equipment and see what was set aside for Aaron. I assume Crystin will have her own gear? Or should we worry about her as well?

EDIT - Took the 2 CLW scrolls and 5 days of the rations and updated character sheet with it.

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
Alright, well I didn't want to add in a profession til I had your Okay. I'll take that as an Okay, so I'll add that in now.

As for the other adjustments:

- Experience spot not needed. Eliminated
- Right number of languages(5) but one should be Elven: That was deliberate. Wizards have a feature that allows them to swap out a racial language for Draconic; I hadn't realised bonus language referred to the ones the PC can learn if s/he has high INT. I figured since he wasn't raised by his parents and was passed from person to person, none of them elven, he never learnt elven. I chose gnome, celestial and sylvan as they seemed to be the kind of language imps and spirits would talk to him in. No worries, swapped gnome for elven.
- Please add link to stat rolls on your sheet (under abilities if you wish): I linked each roll individually. Is that alright?
- Make new spot for your fire resistance under Damage Reduction
-- Energy Resistance: fire 5: Added
- And a Spell Failure spot under Spell Resistance
-- Spell Failure: 10%: Added
- Elven curve blade should list the +1 (enhancement) bonus as +1 (MW) for masterwork. Changed
- Made changes to arrows (now magical +1) will need to edit the stat line for the long bow: Awesome! Added new line with Bow using +1 Arrows
- Add Fire Jet to Weapon Stats
-- Fire Jet: auto hit 20' line / DMG 1d6+0(fire) Special: Reflex save for half dmg = DC 13 (failure means target catches fire) Uses per Day: 6 : ADDED
- Protection from evil/good/chaos/law is four separate spells: Darn it! Kept vs Evil
- Could list/describe Scribe Scroll under feats section: Listed; So I can't swap if for Spell Focus: Fire?
- Quote then copy/paste the following if you wish an easier read (do not straiten will do so automatically): Done: Much better! Thanks! Whats the trick??
[sblock=Skills]
Code:
Skills                    Total  Rank  CS Stat ACP Misc
Acrobatics                  12    3    3   +3   0  +3 (Monkey Familiar)
Appraise                    07    1    3   +3      +0
Bluff                       04    2    3   -1      +0
Climb                       05    2    3    0   0  +0
Craft ( )                   03    0    0   +3      +0
Diplomacy                   -1    0    0   -1      +0
Disable Device              11    3    3   +3   0  +2 (MW Thieves Tools)
Disguise                    04    2    3   -1      +0
Escape Artist               07    1    3   +3   0  +0
Fly                         03    0    0   +3   0  +0
Handle Animal               na    0    0   -1      +0
Heal                        01    0    0   +1      +0
Intimidate                  -1    0    0   -1      +0
Knowledge (Arcana)          07    1    3   +3      +0
Knowledge (Dngnrng)         na    0    0   +3      +0
Knowledge (Engnrng)         na    0    0   +3      +0
Knowledge (Geography)       na    0    0   +3      +0
Knowledge (History)         na    0    0   +3      +0
Knowledge (Local)           07    1    3   +3      +0 
Knowledge (Nature)          07    1    3   +3      +0
Knowledge (Nobility)        na    0    0   +3      +0
Knowledge (Planes)          na    0    0   +3      +0
Knowledge (Religion)        na    0    0   +3      +0
Linguistics                 na    0    0   +3      +0
Perception                  09    3    3   +1      +2(racial)
Perception(locate trap)     10    0    0    0      +1(Trapfinding)
Perform ( )                 -1    0    0   -1      +0
Profession ( )              na    0    0   +1      +0
Ride                        03    0    0   +3   0  +0
Sense Motive                05    1    3   +1      +0
Sleight of Hand             08    2    3   +3   0  +0
Spellcraft                  07    1    3   +3      +0
Stealth                     09    3    3   +3   0  +0*
Survival                    01    0    0   +1      +0
Swim                        00    0    0    0   0  +0
Use Magic Device            na    0    0   -1      +0

*reduce movement penalty applied to stealth by 5
[/sblock]
Also done:
[sblock=Same here quote copy/paste]
Code:
Equipment                     Cost      Weight
Elven Curveblade              80.0gp     7lb
Long Bow                      75.0gp     3lb
(50) Arrows +1             2,300.0gp     6lb
Leather Armour                10.0gp    15lb
Masterwork Backpack           50.0gp     4lb
Trail Rations (3 days)         1.5gp     3lb
Spell Component Pouch          5.0gp     2lb
Masterwork Thieves Tools     100.0gp     2lb
Traveller's Outfit             free      0lb
Spellbook                      free      3lb
Muleback Cords             1,000.0gp  0.25lb

Treasure: 100gp 0sp 0cp (you may spend this leftover gold on potions and misc gear only if you wish)

Total Weight Carried: 45lb
Carrying Capacity:
Light: 0-133lbs
Medium: 134-266lbs
Heavy: 267-400lbs[/sblock]

Muleback Cords: Wonderful!! Light Load = 133 lbs!!! Now I can buy some more food and even a waterskin!!!! Yuhooo!!
- You could list your lvl ups if you have time: Okay, with gaining a wizard level do I list everything or just Gain level: Wizard (see above)?

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
Background:

After reading his background I don't think Spirit is cursed, so much as he brings a curse to all those around him. LOL (poor party).

I can see what you mean. I'm not sure that will help Spirit being received with open arms, but I'm sure it will give you loads to play with. And if something goes wrong, it will be easy to blame me! Those that were immeadiately affected by the curse were those that in some way harmed me ... except my mother, but she did reject me ... and why was she running? The villagers all sold me into slavery at the first opportunity ... and that meteor was probably going to land there anyway :) Jack Knife, sold me to the Assassin's guild just for profit, and fed me on sour milk. My teacher, beat me leaving me scarred for life, and the others in my class had all been part of the cycle of violence and bullying. As for Rayne ... her death was Merrik's fault. Spirit is sure of that, curse or no.

Few notes I have here...

I don't see your acquiring of Will (monkey familiar) in your background. You do wish to start with him correct?
Yeah, good point. I do want to start with him. Alright, so what if Will was Rayne's pet/familiar, and when she was killed, I'm thinking maybe crushed by some falling object provoked by Merrick, and Spirit was kneeling weeping in her blood, holding her limp hand, Will climbed onto his shoulder and began shrieking. Will refused to climb down, even when Spirit fled the scene. Will grew very ill and almost died, but Spirit attended him with great care and attention as he travelled far from the city. Eventually, Will recovered the will to live. His eyes however had turned from brown to green, the same colour eyes as Rayne. Spirit feels in someway that Rayne is always near him, perhaps trapped and unable to move onto the next life. Perhaps part of her lives on in Will. But he can't communicate with her in any way, something which has become his obsession. But having Will near him is perhaps his only comfort.

Your elven mother could have been fleeing the Fire Forest which is where she and your father could have been from. There was an elven village inside the forest.

Perfect. This gives him the perfect motivation to enter the forest ... and I imagine it intertwines with the first goal of the party to find a place to rest in the forest. Nice one! I'm quite eager to discover why his mother was fleeing, and why his father didn't follow. I'm thinking that his mother's rejection may have something to do with it.

Coming to it (fire forest) may be in responds to whispers from the spirits and a need to know where you are from. Maybe he hoped to meet his father and became more upset at not being able to travel more than a few hours into the forest.

Cool, this fits well. So the whispers lead him here in search of his roots. His feeling of curiosity and lonliness are mixed with resentment at his mother's rejection (the spirits whisper of this too) and his father's abandonment (the spirits whisper that he chose to let my mother leave, that he had no intention of ever coming for me). His attemots have been frustrated by the harsh elements inside the forest but also apart of him is scared to face the truth.

Reasons you can't travel deeper in.

a) Water source (you run out of water after trying to get to far in). Might want to add a waterskin to equipment.
This is a good one. Water is my opposite element as well. Im going to buy a Waterskin for sure ... now that I can handle those 4lbs!
b) Will, is not protected from the fire forest like you are. Endure Elements is good but doesn't stop anyone from catching on fire.
True. So spirit has begun studying how to overcome this problem, hence the study of Endure Elements. But will never willingly put Will at risk if he can help it, and Will is known to have a mind of his own sometimes, exposing himself to danger at unopportune times, although always with good intent. So Will leaping away into the fire following some clue or something hidden, a is a fear that is present in Spirit's mind
c) Equipment, your equipment is not protected and losing your spellbook would be very bad.
All three fit, so lets say a combination. The spellbook was a gift from Rayne. She, in fact, taught him to wrote spells in it. The first spell ever written here was Floating Disc. The best thing for carrying loot a Finder could ever imagine, she said. She didn't like the word thief, too many negative connotations. So, risking the loss of his spellbook is important as well.

Anything you wish to change in your background/update?

I'll adjust the background to include your ideas, and the ideas you ideas have given me :)

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Glad I could help with some ideas. So just WD needed to check in that he has finished with equipment and I will be posting the next day.

HM

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Well I never wish to do this ever again. Please do me a favor and keep up with equipment. I always have links to gear and treasure on the first page of the game if you need recaps of what you have found.

Here's what I have...

Magic School:
potion: cure mod. wounds 2d8+5 - unclaimed (think it is Barriks' but not on sheet)
potion: cure mod. wounds 2d8+5 - Aaron
silversheen - Torrent
silversheen - unclaimed
wand of magic missiles(CL1)(have charges now at 20) - Fantalass
traveling spellbook - Fantalass

Solo for Shade:
silver short sword - Shade

Resistance Help:
Cold-weather outfits x6 no longer needed
traveler's outfits x2 - unclamied
Healer's kit - Marda
Scriber's kit (100gp) - Fantalass (have current gp @ 77.5)
Spell component pouches x2 - 1 to Fantalass, 1 to Torrent
Thieve's tools, masterwork - Shade
tindertwigs x12 - 2 to Fantalass, 10 to Marda
smokestick x4 - Marda
holy water x4 - Marda
anti-toxin x2 - Marda
blanket winter x3 - unclaimed (Fantalass had 1 but is giving it up before going into the fire forest)
candles x10 - Marda
flint and steel x2 - Marda
hammer - Marda
lantern, hooded - unclaimed
oil (1-pint flask) x6 1 to Marda, 5 unclaimed
piton x6 - Marda
iron pot - Marda
skillet - Marda
iron tri pod - unclaimed
food stuffs x12 used up
rope, hemp(50') x2 - Marda
sacks x2 - Marda
sewing needles x4 - Marda
shovel - unclaimed
tent, medium x3 - unclaimed
torches x10 - unclaimed
waterskins x6 - 1 to Fantalass, 1 to Torrent, 4 unclaimed
twine(50') - Marda
compass - both Aaron and Fantalass have it listed on their sheet, but there is only one
saw - unclaimed
Shortbow - unclaimed
arrows(20) - unclaimed
pouch - 50gp with note that says use as spell components only - Torrent
potions: cure light wounds 1d8+1 x2 - Marda
potions: cure light wounds 1d8+1 x2 - Fantalass
potion: shield of faith(lvl1) - unclaimed (Think this is also Barriks')
potion: shield of faith(lvl1) - Shade
notes of purchase for up to 500gp of equipment from "The Graffen Brothers Armoury" - Torrent
Rantel's scroll case - Torrent

Bounty Hunter's Booty:
potion: cure mod. wounds 2d8+5 - Shade
potion: keen edge - Torrent
potion: water breathing - Marda
tanglefoot bag - unclaimed
tanglefoot bag - Shade
mw composite longbow - Fantalass
quiver 20 arrows - Fantalass
Dream Shroud - Aaron

Inquisitor Battle:

warhammer +1 - Marda
studded leather +1 - unclaimed (but given to Barrik)
banded mail x2 - unclaimed
heavy steel shield x2 - unclaimed
masterwork battleaxe x2 - Marda
shortbow (20 arrows) x2 - unclaimed
10 days rations - 5 to Aaron, 2 to Shade, 3 unclaimed
potion: cure light wounds - Torrent
potion: cure light wounds - unclaimed
leather armor - unclaimed
masterwork silver greataxe - Marda
platinum chain (necklace) - Marda (weighs 2lbs btw Songdragon)
masterwork (small) heavy crossbow x2 - Marda
20 small bolts - unclaimed
(small) leather armor x2 - unclaimed
(small) short sword x2 - unclaimed
thieves tools x2 - unclaimed
Brooch of Shielding (101 pts.) - Barrik
scrolls: cure light wounds x2 - Aaron
scrolls: cure light wounds x2 - Torrent
wand of hold portal (10 charages) - unclaimed
hand claw (treat as cestus but Type is P or S)- unclaimed
inquisitor's mask - Shade
111gp - 15gp to Shade, 96gp unclaimed

unclaimed means it is not listed on anyone's character sheet, and everything needs to be listed

Now normally I wouldn't care to much but this next adventure is all about survival and what you take with you will help in that. Not saying you need to take everything just that you won't have a chance to come back or replace things so what you have to start will be it.

Remember Cyrstin is going along and has no equipment/food stuffs either. After you all are done she I guess will have to pick through what is left (unless someone wants to RP helping her).

Deadline - SUN night this first game ends and the second begins please have your sheets updated.

HM

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Also forgot...

WD you said you had Fantalass make a scroll of mage armor here but I don't see it listed on your character sheet.

HM

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Well I never wish to do this ever again. Please do me a favor and keep up with equipment. I always have links to gear and treasure on the first page of the game if you need recaps of what you have found.
OOps! I am part of the problem and will try to keep up.

Magic School:
potion: cure mod. wounds 2d8+5 - unclaimed (think it is Barriks' but not on sheet)
potion: cure mod. wounds 2d8+5 - Aaron
silversheen - Torrent
silversheen - unclaimed - TAKING FOR AARON IF BARRIK DOES NOT CLAIM
wand of magic missiles(CL1)(have charges now at 20) - Fantalass
traveling spellbook - Fantalass

Solo for Shade:
silver short sword - Shade

Resistance Help:
Cold-weather outfits x6 no longer needed
traveler's outfits x2 - unclamied
Healer's kit - Marda
Scriber's kit (100gp) - Fantalass (have current gp @ 77.5)
Spell component pouches x2 - 1 to Fantalass, 1 to Torrent
Thieve's tools, masterwork - Shade
tindertwigs x12 - 2 to Fantalass, 10 to Marda
smokestick x4 - Marda
holy water x4 - Marda
anti-toxin x2 - Marda
blanket winter x3 - unclaimed (Fantalass had 1 but is giving it up before going into the fire forest)
candles x10 - Marda
flint and steel x2 - Marda
hammer - Marda
lantern, hooded - unclaimed
oil (1-pint flask) x6 1 to Marda, 5 unclaimed - TOOK 1 FOR AARON Already listed on sheet
piton x6 - Marda
iron pot - Marda
skillet - Marda
iron tri pod - unclaimed
food stuffs x12 used up
rope, hemp(50') x2 - Marda
sacks x2 - Marda
sewing needles x4 - Marda
shovel - unclaimed
tent, medium x3 - unclaimed
torches x10 - unclaimed
waterskins x6 - 1 to Fantalass, 1 to Torrent, 4 unclaimed - CRYSTIN CAN TAKE ALL 4 TO HELP OUT THE GROUP, but only if they were already brought to Crystins Home. Not sure if Marda brought it all, but if so, Crystin can carry the waterskins.
twine(50') - Marda
compass - both Aaron and Fantalass have it listed on their sheet, but there is only one - REMOVING FROM AARON, AS HE HAS SURVIVAL RANKS
saw - unclaimed
Shortbow - unclaimed
arrows(20) - unclaimed
pouch - 50gp with note that says use as spell components only - Torrent
potions: cure light wounds 1d8+1 x2 - Marda
potions: cure light wounds 1d8+1 x2 - Fantalass
potion: shield of faith(lvl1) - unclaimed (Think this is also Barriks')
potion: shield of faith(lvl1) - Shade
notes of purchase for up to 500gp of equipment from "The Graffen Brothers Armoury" - Torrent
Rantel's scroll case - Torrent

Bounty Hunter's Booty:
potion: cure mod. wounds 2d8+5 - Shade
potion: keen edge - Torrent
potion: water breathing - Marda
tanglefoot bag - unclaimed
tanglefoot bag - Shade
mw composite longbow - Fantalass
quiver 20 arrows - Fantalass
Dream Shroud - Aaron

Inquisitor Battle:

warhammer +1 - Marda
studded leather +1 - unclaimed (but given to Barrik)
banded mail x2 - unclaimed
heavy steel shield x2 - unclaimed
masterwork battleaxe x2 - Marda
shortbow (20 arrows) x2 - unclaimed
10 days rations - 5 to Aaron, 2 to Shade, 3 unclaimed- TAKING 3 FOR CRYSTIN TO HELP OUT GROUP
potion: cure light wounds - Torrent
potion: cure light wounds - unclaimed- TAKING FOR CRYSTIN IF UNCLAIMED
leather armor - unclaimed
masterwork silver greataxe - Marda
platinum chain (necklace) - Marda (weighs 2lbs btw Songdragon)
masterwork (small) heavy crossbow x2 - Marda
20 small bolts - unclaimed
(small) leather armor x2 - unclaimed
(small) short sword x2 - unclaimed
thieves tools x2 - unclaimed
Brooch of Shielding (101 pts.) - Barrik
scrolls: cure light wounds x2 - Aaron
scrolls: cure light wounds x2 - Torrent
wand of hold portal (10 charages) - unclaimed- TAKING FOR CRYSTIN IF SHE CAN USE IT and FANTALASS DOES NOT WANT IT
hand claw (treat as cestus but Type is P or S)- unclaimed
inquisitor's mask - Shade
111gp - 15gp to Shade, 96gp unclaimed

Remember Cyrstin is going along and has no equipment/food stuffs either. After you all are done she I guess will have to pick through what is left (unless someone wants to RP helping her).HM
- I can help with managing her gear if needed. Of the items listed above, she would possibly take. Puts her at 23lbs load, still light load for her.

4 Waterskins (16lbs)
(if nobody claims)
3 Days Rations (3lbs) (if nobody claims)
Potion CLW (if nobody claims)
Wand of Hold Portal (if nobody claims)

Dragonwriter

First Post
Yikes, lots more stuff to add… And Barrik is going to be stuck with a Medium load. *sigh*

Aaron can have the Silversheen. Barrik will take the potions (CMW and Shield of Faith) marked as unclaimed and notated as believed to be his, leaving the one CLW potion for Cyrstin. And of course, the +1 Studded Leather. (BTW HM, I did add the 22 GP, 2 SP to my sheet from the Inquisitor battle.)

Just noticed the CL marked on those Cure Moderates… Are they really supposed to be 2d8+5, or are you suffering from the Monty Python number-confusion? ;)

I know we intentionally left a lot of the stuff from the Resistance (we didn’t need 3 tents, for example)… And we’re only taking some of the items (mainly the Masterwork and magic stuff and survival supplies) from the Inquisitor and his minions.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
No I like that the cure moderates were made by someone whose caster lvl was higher than normal. It also helps that they probably won't get used till latter lvls so the couple extra points will be a little more helpful.

Also the group to all the stuff they received from the resistance (since they had mounts). Now it is up to all of you to see what it is you wish to take from the gear you have.

I will be going over things this weekend and it look like we will be ready for chapter 2.

HM

Remove ads