WotBS (conversion to Pathfinder) OOC

Songdragon

Explorer
Re: water... with 2 clerics, we have the create water taken care of. The spell is at will, so a waterskin or two will work easily enough.

Marda = 4 gallons per spell
Torrent = 6 gallons per spell.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Not sure.

Water is not so much the case as long as you take the waterskins and the Orison in the morning I won't worry to much about it. But everyone should be playing the "What if the clerics die? Or we get separated? Or they go into a coma?"

Two days through the forest - I think each person would want two waterskins for the just in case factor.

HM

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Edited and updated... Anything as of now listed as unclaimed is gone for good.

Magic School:
potion: cure mod. wounds 2d8+5 - Barrik
potion: cure mod. wounds 2d8+5 - Aaron
silversheen - Torrent
silversheen - Aaron
wand of magic missiles(CL1)(have charges now at 20) - Fantalass
traveling spellbook - Fantalass

Solo for Shade:
silver short sword - Shade

Resistance Help:
Cold-weather outfits x6 no longer needed
traveler's outfits x2 -1 to Cyrstin, 1 unclamied
Healer's kit - Marda
Scriber's kit (100gp) - Fantalass (have current gp @ 77.5) - but not changed on character sheet
Spell component pouches x2 - 1 to Fantalass, 1 to Torrent
Thieve's tools, masterwork - Shade
tindertwigs x12 - 2 to Fantalass, 10 to Marda
smokestick x4 - Marda
holy water x4 - Marda
anti-toxin x2 - Marda
blanket winter x3 -1 Torrent, 1 Cyrstin, 1 unclaimed
candles x10 - Marda
flint and steel x2 - Marda
hammer - Marda
lantern, hooded - Torrent
oil (1-pint flask) x6 1 to Marda, 1 Aaron, 4 Torrent
piton x6 - Marda
iron pot - Marda
skillet - Marda
iron tri pod - unclaimed
food stuffs x12 used up
rope, hemp(50') x2 - Marda
sacks x2 - Marda
sewing needles x4 - Marda
shovel - unclaimed
tent, medium x3 - 1 Torrent (And she tells everyone as she packs it, that it is in case the ladies need privacy :p) 2 unclaimed
torches x10 - 2 Torrent, 8 unclaimed
waterskins x6 - 1 to Fantalass, 1 to Torrent, 4 Cyrstin
twine(50') - Marda
compass - Fantalass
saw - unclaimed
Shortbow - unclaimed
arrows(20) - unclaimed
pouch - 50gp with note that says use as spell components only - Torrent
potions: cure light wounds 1d8+1 x2 - Marda
potions: cure light wounds 1d8+1 x2 - Fantalass
potion: shield of faith(lvl1) - Barrik
potion: shield of faith(lvl1) - Shade
notes of purchase for up to 500gp of equipment from "The Graffen Brothers Armoury" - Torrent
Rantel's scroll case - Torrent

Bounty Hunter's Booty:
potion: cure mod. wounds 2d8+5 - Shade
potion: keen edge - Torrent
potion: water breathing - Marda
tanglefoot bag - unclaimed
tanglefoot bag - Shade
mw composite longbow - Fantalass
quiver 20 arrows - Fantalass
Dream Shroud - Aaron

Inquisitor Battle:

warhammer +1 - Marda
studded leather +1 - Barrik
banded mail x2 - unclaimed
heavy steel shield x2 - unclaimed
masterwork battleaxe x2 - Marda
shortbow (20 arrows) x2 - unclaimed
10 days rations - 5 to Aaron, 2 to Shade, 3 Cyrstin
potion: cure light wounds - Torrent
potion: cure light wounds -
Cyrstin
leather armor - unclaimed
masterwork silver greataxe - Marda
platinum chain (necklace) - Marda (weighs 2lbs btw Songdragon) also not added to sheet/weight but makes little difference in load
masterwork (small) heavy crossbow x2 - Marda
20 small bolts - unclaimed
(small) leather armor x2 - unclaimed
(small) short sword x2 - unclaimed
thieves tools x2 - unclaimed
Brooch of Shielding (101 pts.) - Barrik
scrolls: cure light wounds x2 - Aaron
scrolls: cure light wounds x2 - Torrent
wand of hold portal (10 charages) -Fantalass
hand claw (treat as cestus but Type is P or S)
- unclaimed
inquisitor's mask - Shade
111gp - 15gp to Shade,22gp 2sp(??), Barrik, 73gp 8sp Cyrstin

Torrent went back through the stuff after the group and picked up a few extra things and helped Cyrstin change out of her peasant gear into some traveler's clothes - So sorry, no more white - off the shoulder - puffy sleeved blouse that leaves nothing to the imagination.:p

HM

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
DW said:
As for character development, I'm not sure what you're getting at. :p There really hasn't been a lot happening capable of changing or reaffirming his beliefs. Other than 'fanatic followers of religion are complete jerks'. If Aaron keeps up his fanaticism and threatening Barrik, development may come about in the form of one leaving the group, possibly with a violent end. :erm: Just calling it like I see it...

I was referring to his families whereabouts and current stats and Barrik's actions after the inquisitor fight.

You have Barrik down as LG for alignment but I took his actions...

a) Feeding the goblins to his "celestial" hounds and,

b) destroying what was left with acid splash

I see these as cruel ways to treat the dead (even goblins). And was wondering at it. Not sure if you wish to "grow" into your chosen alignment - meaning it is there but is interpreted as only those that deserve to be treated right should be. Those who follow the law should be given a trail those that break it or twist it get no such treatment. The greater good should be protected and by a strong hand.

Don't wish to get in an alignment debate as there are surely degrees to each. Just wondering at the actions Barrik took to get rid of the dead. They seemed off to me alignment wise, but not character wise. :erm:

HM

Dragonwriter

First Post
I was referring to his families whereabouts and current stats and Barrik's actions after the inquisitor fight.

You have Barrik down as LG for alignment but I took his actions...

a) Feeding the goblins to his "celestial" hounds and,

b) destroying what was left with acid splash

I see these as cruel ways to treat the dead (even goblins). And was wondering at it.

A matter of opinion, of course. Allowing the hounds to eat the remains could also be seen as offering a reward to them (they didn't have to accept, and are greater than animal intelligence, so they did have the choice). And getting rid of the remains with acid was more of a preventative measure - we have evidence they use undead. Can't make undead without a corpse. Drastic probably, but also forward-thinking. It also prevents their return, short of a True Resurrection/Wish.

Not sure if you wish to "grow" into your chosen alignment - meaning it is there but is interpreted as only those that deserve to be treated right should be. Those who follow the law should be given a trail those that break it or twist it get no such treatment. The greater good should be protected and by a strong hand.

That sounds fairly accurate... With the addendum of "shall be treated as deserving until proven otherwise". An example: even though he didn't care for Haddin personally, he still offered the man protection and fought to avenge him (specifically sending the Summon to get the goblin who shot Haddin).

Don't wish to get in an alignment debate as there are surely degrees to each. Just wondering at the actions Barrik took to get rid of the dead. They seemed off to me alignment wise, but not character wise. :erm:

HM

Yeah, alignments are one of the things capable of really sparking fights. Sometimes I wonder if the game would be better off without them... :erm: Too often, they are looked at as black-and-white, when they rarely are.
But I'm pretty open and open-minded when it comes to debate, particularly about such a vague thing as alignment.

Now if Barrik were a Paladin, his treatment of the dead could possibly be a violation of Paladin conduct... Thankfully, he's not a Paladin. ;)

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
I don't use alignment to prod or to guide for that matter.

I use it mainly to refer back to. If you did "x" because it was what your character would do alignment wise. Be sure I will throw another "x" at you down the road - where it will probably not be the best choice - as that is a perk of being a DM.

Alignment needs to be mixed with character. What one LG character does is not the same as another LG character. Because they are two totally different people.

Now I will throw in other things. Like a lawful character bending the law - normally not for their benefit as that would lead to chaos - but a LG PC may bend it to help those in a great need. Or an LE character might bend it to (how should I put this?) stick it to someone I guess ruin their plans or some other "evil" action.

I will always watch for extremes and give some sort of drawback if a player goes way off base till they either switch alignment or get back on track.

btw switching is bad if the character has been active for a lot of levels. I give a player a few lvls to work out the play of course. But after that...:devil:

HM

Dragonwriter

First Post
Sounds about right to me. Alignment shouldn't be the be-all end-all defining trait of the character.

As for the LE character bending the law, might I suggest they would bend/twist/"misinterpret" the law when it would benefit them most. A fair portion of the Evil descriptions emphasizes self-service, often at the expense of others.

And there's always the room for a character to make a "mistake". Nobody is perfect, after all. It's a matter of overall and striving. I think this line of OotS illustrates the point rather well. :) (No pun intended ;))

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Ok - News to me. Wasn't aware that Aaron was not playing his character. He's an Inquisitor. Loyal to his Patron, rooting out those that are against his Patron. He's all for ideals and loyalty. Barick came in as blatantly stating he was only doing this for his own reasons, and did not seem to care about what was going on. Aaron is on a religious journey.

The combo did not go well apparently, BUT, I think Aaron has begun to accept Barick, as well as stating it in small doses. Stating Aaron was not helping in battle after he hewed down a string of skeletons did not seem like a valid point, and Aaron stated it. If that did not go well with you, then so be it. It wasn't intended to be antagonizing, but Aaron's beliefs are his own, and he will stick to them as much as he can.

I think the group chemistry is pretty good for now, as we are all 'strangers' to each other, and have to weight the good with the bad. If everyone got along, it would be a bit boring, IMO. But, that's just me. With Barick and Aaron, I only see potential, not barriers. Hopefully that grows, and they see each other as respectful allies. But, time will tell...

Remove ads