WotBS (conversion to Pathfinder) OOC

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Examples in English/Spanish versions-
James/Jaime (Spanish = HI (as in greeting) - meh (emphasis on first syllable)
Mathew/Mateo - Spanish = mah - TE - oh (Emphasis on second syllable, and pronounced with short e, as in the e in 'eggs')
Michael/Miguel - Spanish = mee - GEL (Emphasis on second syllable, GE, as in GET)
David/David - Spanish = dah (doctor says to say AHHH) - VEED - (Long E, ephasis on second syllable.)

So, for Barrik, not sure how the Common pronunciation is, thinking its BEAR-ICK. In Spanish, it would be roughly pronounced:BAH (like a sheep) - reek (emphasis still on first syllable.

Yeah, symantecs, but being Mexixan American heritage, as well as traveling globally, I tend to hear all forms of variations of common languages. Mexican vs Mexican American vs Spanish (proper) vs Argentinian (due to job) all vary widely at times.

Ok, my mind is numb from thinking. Time to hit something!

Dragonwriter

First Post
Ok, thanks for the examples. I see what you mean, and the jogging of the memory helps.

As for Barrik's name, I've actually been saying it more like "Bah-rick" (AH sound, then short I), with the emphasis on the first syllable. Never really thought of a different pronunciation... Funny how that works when it's dealing with your personally-named stuff.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Hahahahaha - self incrimination. I understand ;). I am on leaning towards you being on the great minds side, with a hint of psycho (for running SOOOO many GREAT games at the same time!)

jbear

First Post
Cheers for the spell description HM. Spirit communication mentally noted.

Does Fantalass know Stand the Heat?

I don't have gold to use it anyway, so I guess Endure Elements will do for now. If I were to learn it, HM, would I be able to learn it in my Fire Spell slot?

Walking Dad

First Post
Yes, Fantalass has the spell in his book. He learned it from a scroll. The problem is the required material component. The preparation takes some time.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
jbear - can you put in character talk in quotes "Like this"? Then, the 'spirits' that talk to you, but that we can't hear might be best to put in 'Italicized with single quotes'. Not sure, but it's hard for me to respond in character when I don't know what is being thought, what is being said, and by whom.

Just a thought.

jbear

First Post
I don't put anything that Spirit thinks in his speech colour. He speaks out loud to himself as if he's having a conversation. Anything in orange is said out loud. But if putting speech marks makes it easier, I think I can manage that.

Up until now: Anything in orange has been spoken out loud.

Who he's talking to is neither clear nor evident. Unless it's to his monkey. But it's not clear. He sometimes say things out loud as the spirits say them in his head. He seems entirely unaware that he is doing this.

As for his thoughts ... I try and communicate them via his actions, body language etc as opposed to what is going on in his head. I know what's going on in his head, but anyone else observing him can only read that from what the can see.

I hope that makes things a bit clearer for you.

As for the spell component: Even bigger problem for me than time is GP. :) I think I have 5 left. But if we find a place to rest in the forest maybe we could have a crack at learning a spell each from each others books (I'd like to learn Stand the Heat as I guess gold can always be borrowed) before hitting the proverbial hay. How long would that take for each of us to do that? 3 hours if we read each others book and then took turns to scribe the spell, right (In the case that we managed to understand the spell etc.) ? If that is too long maybe we can just have a 'browse' for an hour and study a spell we want to scribe when next we get the chance.

Remove ads