WotBS (conversion to Pathfinder) OOC

Walking Dad

First Post
There is also a gold cost for scribing materials. And the material component gold has to prepared by lying in fire.

One can also try to memorize a spell from a foreign spellbook, but that requires a spellcraft check.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
hint of psycho (for running SOOOO many GREAT games at the same time!)

Thanks. Currently at 11 but due to add one more soon, and one or two will be done by summers end so look for at least one more to start up then.

If I were to learn it, HM, would I be able to learn it in my Fire Spell slot?

Sorry, but it is not a fire based spell. BTW any fire spells cast while inside the fire forest are automatically empowered. Please RP this the first time your character learns this.

One can also try to memorize a spell from a foreign spellbook, but that requires a spellcraft check.

A fun way to try and get the spell for the day. There is also the scriber's case. And Torrent has 50gp that will need to be "burnt" when the group gets the opportunity.

jbear

First Post
I've read Empower in the Metamagic Feats, but I'm afraid I can't see how that affects my only Fire Spell. It says it increases numeric effects by 50%. At the moment my Burning Hands does 1d4 dmg. I'm not even sure if that counts as a numeric effect. Assuming it does (there are numbers in it), I'm thinking it would have to do 2d4 dmg to be incresed 50% to +1d4 dmg. Or do I add + 1d2 dmg?

Also, is Flame Jet considered a spell? Is it affectd by this empowerment?

At the moment, in Spirit's head, he's thinking that fire attack magic is probably useless against creatures that live in a fire forest. He's not very likely to even use Fire Magic in here. The main benefit of Fire Magic comes from Fire Supremacy which gives Resistence and a 1 dmg reduction with calling up fire around myself as a shield. I have Burning hands memorised because its my only fire spell. I'm imagining his Fire Magic being more useful out the other side of Inenoutdoor. (Thanks Dragonwriter, now I have that stuck in my head :) )

Re Torrent: Lol! For some reason I just assumed she was a man. Did Spirit say something about her being a man? I hope it was just something he thought....

Dragonwriter

First Post
I've read Empower in the Metamagic Feats, but I'm afraid I can't see how that affects my only Fire Spell. It says it increases numeric effects by 50%. At the moment my Burning Hands does 1d4 dmg. I'm not even sure if that counts as a numeric effect. Assuming it does (there are numbers in it), I'm thinking it would have to do 2d4 dmg to be incresed 50% to +1d4 dmg. Or do I add + 1d2 dmg?

Generally with Empower, you look at the damage you roll, then add half that (rounding down) to come up with your total value. For instance with your 2d4 Burning Hands, say you roll a 5 damage. Empower ups that by 50%, so add 2. Your Burning Hands deals 7 damage, thanks to the Empower effect.
The only trouble is, I don't believe there is a dice roller effect capable of making that work... Right now, you could roll 3d4, but when you get another caster level that would have to change. One of the reason Empower can be a real annoyance... :p

I'm imagining his Fire Magic being more useful out the other side of Inenoutdoor. (Thanks Dragonwriter, now I have that stuck in my head :) )

Glad I could be of service! :D :lol:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
What about increasing the 1d4 by half by adding 1d2 So while in the fire forest burning hands does 1d6 points per lvl?

Not sure wish they gave an example. Will look on the paizo boards tonight after work.

And yes Spirit called Torrent "He" and she ignored it - not the first time it has happened ;)

HM

jbear

First Post
Just wondering about the bridge. Know Architecture/Engineering is one way to check out the bridge, and a dwarf with stone cunning can use perception as a second way. Can a sharp eyed elf not just use perception to spot any possible dangers?

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Once a character is on the bridge they will make a Perception check to help with finding the best path across.

I put the map up so you could plot a course, should it be needed I will make a percep check and then let the player know what they see as they move.

HM

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
I didn't see my "Perception Post" in the IC. It was in reference to jbear saying he saw something because he got a 30 on his check.

Wanted to make sure you take things like distance and conditions into account. DC was a lot higher than you think ;)

HM

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
About the gold - I have it ready to be divided but wish to wait. Story elements and all that.

You as a group will have time to divide it all up soon as you make camp.

HM

jbear

First Post
Being the new guy, sorry if the following question steps on anyones toes, but I kind of wanted to get my expectations into perspective.

The pace of the game seems slow, and that is cool. But lately it seems to have almost come to a screeching halt.

Is this a normal pace for the group? Are these lags a feature?

I play another pbp game and most people kind of let each other know when they are going to be away or busy. Maybe this is something you've all talked about already and so expect it?

I know there seemed to be a little tension between dragonwriter and Fangor the Fierce, but you seemed to be working through it. Aaron has been quite quiet though, I don't know if this is a factor. But I remember you said he was skilled at Survival. It would be cool if you could come and see what you can see with Spirit. Spirit has no idea what Aaron is skilled at so the prompt can't really come from him.

If I'm totally out of line I apologise. It's my eagerness to get things moving speaking. Anyway, I'd appreciate a bit of a low down if possible.

A wise man once said, if you can't change the situation, change your attitude towards the situation. So it would be cool to know what the situation is so I can take it with the right attitude! Cheers guys and gals :)

Remove ads