WotBS (conversion to Pathfinder) OOC

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Hmmm... I can relate I'm not good at picking and choosing spells - I tend to go with a class that gets them all and thus all I have to do is take them for the day.

My input (taken with a grain of salt if you please)...

Cure Moderate - not needed with the two clerics (and wand) Torrent should be around for the next module also but I think goes her own way after that.

Flames of the Faithful - I like and you won't be in the fire forest forever

Follow Aura - neat and different but as you are limited to two I would say spells that would see everyday use should perhaps get first consideration

Hold Person & Invisibility - good old stand by and useful each How is your DC for Hold Person?

Shield Other - Goes with the concept but could be problematic. I had my cleric drop at a bad time due to this, as you can't control it. Also would you be using bodyguard and shield other?? Better get those HP up then.

Perceive Cues - Nice bonus not a bad spell but why is it LvL 2?

Bloodhound - another cool spell but might not see much use. Then again we have no tracker in the group correct?

Just my quick assessment.

HM

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Cure Moderate - not needed with the two clerics (and wand) Torrent should be around for the next module also but I think goes her own way after that.

This is what I was thinking as well, as there is a cleric as well as Marda. Just not sure when/if Torrent would be leaving, so if Torrent is gone, then our healing is down to Marda.

Flames of the Faithful - I like and you won't be in the fire forest forever

Yes - it is a new and nice spell to know/use, as it could be 'learned' from being in the forest itself. Something that the forest left on Aaron..

Follow Aura - neat and different but as you are limited to two I would say spells that would see everyday use should perhaps get first consideration

Yes, as I think bloodhound is better.

Hold Person & Invisibility - good old stand by and useful each How is your DC for Hold Person?

Never used either of these, and my DC would be DC 16 at level 4. Not too bad.

Shield Other - Goes with the concept but could be problematic. I had my cleric drop at a bad time due to this, as you can't control it. Also would you be using bodyguard and shield other?? Better get those HP up then.

Plus, I would need the material components, which I am not too keen on taking/acquiring. It would go well with the concept of Aaron, but I think he's using his current style enough. This would only add more steps on a single action, and I think he's got enough.

Perceive Cues - Nice bonus not a bad spell but why is it LvL 2?

No idea why it is level 2. Nice, but not sure if it would be useful.

Bloodhound - another cool spell but might not see much use. Then again we have no tracker in the group correct?

Nope, no tracker at all. This would be interesting, but perhaps the Eidolon has some ability to track? Not sure though. This is tempting though...

I just realized that Spirit is a rogue. I thought we lost the rogue when Shade left. Nice to know that we still have one though.

Dragonwriter

First Post
Nope, no tracker at all. This would be interesting, but perhaps the Eidolon has some ability to track? Not sure though. This is tempting though...

Ranks in Survival, so yes, Gulujak can track. PF eliminated the need for the Track feat, instead giving Rangers a bonus on their Survival skill when tracking. Anyone with ranks in Survival can track now, regardless of DC. Gulujak currently has a +6 bonus to Survival. And if he takes the Scent evolution at a later point, he'll be able to track that much better. :)

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Very nice to know! In that case, Aaron already can track, as he has a skill of +11 for Survival, and that goes up to +13 for finding/spotting tracks. So, no need for bloodhound I guess, although it would have granted him the auto pass ability to smell poisons while tracking.

Check this last spell option out: Howling Agony

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
dried eyeballs?!? ewww... wait a second I know where there are a few of those for Aaron to find.

A good spell vs spell casters but I would probably have to restrict that due to Aaron's alignment. You could take it and cast it but the more you use it... well you know about necromancy. ;)

HM

Dragonwriter

First Post
Regarding the food question, I figured I'd post this here...

Gulujak's Type is Outsider. Normally, Outsiders do not eat. Native Outsiders are the exception to this rule.

The Summoner and Eidolon pages in the PFSRD do not specify the Eidolon as being of the Native subtype. Furthermore, the Eidolon is summoned/called to the Material Plane by the summoner. And the Eidolon can be removed from the Material Plane by way of Banishment/Dismissal spells. These things, together, lead me to believe the Eidolon is not a Native Outsider and therefore does not need to eat (or sleep).

This is my reasoning (and the information I could find regarding these rules), but I leave it to the DM to rule conclusively. And if someone can find an actual portion of the rules declaring Eidolons to be Natives, then naturally I'll go with that.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
I just figured it would raise the question on rations and how to make them last. I did wonder if they needed to eat, so I figure why not have Aaron ask? Lol, it would have been interesting to see the answer as a yes, and what the others would think/say.

Walking Dad

First Post
It is called from another plane, where it usually resides... doesn't sound native IMHO. If he needs to eat... sorry dragonwriter I would say, keep him unsummoned and use the summon monster ability that only works as long as he isn't summoned...

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
I dislike the whole eidolon class feature right off the top. Having a second character who doesn't die? And an eidolon is more a character than a companion or familiar. The rules say that you summon a powerful outsider - yet it doesn't say that an eidolon gains outsider traits.

So I think it is more a mix of both. They are already quite powerful so giving them the ability not to need to eat or sleep a little over the top and would like to play them as native in this sense. Maybe it is something that comes about due to the nature of the special bond between summoner and eidolon. They do share magical item slots and have a life link.

The rules are very unclear here so I will rule that eidolons need to eat and sleep (i.e. go back to their home plane) as it wouldn't effect play to much. The fire forest is something different, in the long run it will have little effect.

HM

Remove ads