WotC Is Hiring A New D&D Game Designer

Want a job designing Dungeons & Dragons products for WotC? They're hiring! A new job opportunity has been posted on Hasbro's jobs website. "This position creates D&D products, such as a book updating a setting to 5th edition Dungeons & Dragons. It is responsible for leading one product at a time, while providing feedback on other products in production. The person in this role is responsible for the final product, and must oversee and coordinate the work of designers, writers, and editors to combine individual contributions into a cohesive whole. This position is also responsible for ensuring that the product is consistent with D&D game mechanics and that new game material is properly playtested."

Want a job designing Dungeons & Dragons products for WotC? They're hiring! A new job opportunity has been posted on Hasbro's jobs website. "This position creates D&D products, such as a book updating a setting to 5th edition Dungeons & Dragons. It is responsible for leading one product at a time, while providing feedback on other products in production. The person in this role is responsible for the final product, and must oversee and coordinate the work of designers, writers, and editors to combine individual contributions into a cohesive whole. This position is also responsible for ensuring that the product is consistent with D&D game mechanics and that new game material is properly playtested."

wotclogo.gif

The job is based near Seattle, at WotC's main offices. Click here to check it out.

It's interesting that the task of "a book updating a setting to 5th edition Dungeons & Dragons" is specifically called out in the introduction.

Anthro78

Explorer
Growing the team is great, but I wish Wizards would focus more on creating new properties instead of just updating old ones. Yes, I know, they have a built in fan base and all, but still, the only way for 5th edition to remain viable long-term is to grow that fanbase and a new setting would allow new players to enter at the ground floor. I read the Forgotten Realms stuff and it was fine, but I always felt like I had walked into the movie half-way through.

jasper

Rotten DM
oR I bought the company and planning on firing everybody, and hire people from here.
hahahhaahhahhahhaahha
oh look coffee.

Sacrosanct

Legend
Sounds interesting, but it would be a pay cut with much less job security

I'll stay an indie designer :)

Although, I'm sure there are lots of really creative people who would love to have this, and are as of yet untapped into the industry. I'm all for giving new blood a chance. After all, Eberron was a fan creation.

Tiles

Explorer
Doesn't someone already have this job and if so are they leaving? This sounds like someone high up is possibly headed out. I hope I'm wrong.

Wiseblood

Adventurer
Growing the team is great, but I wish Wizards would focus more on creating new properties instead of just updating old ones. Yes, I know, they have a built in fan base and all, but still, the only way for 5th edition to remain viable long-term is to grow that fanbase and a new setting would allow new players to enter at the ground floor. I read the Forgotten Realms stuff and it was fine, but I always felt like I had walked into the movie half-way through.

This, so much this.

robus

Lowcountry Low Roller
Supporter
Paging [MENTION=6801286]Imaculata[/MENTION]! Wasn't I recently saying you'd be a great addition to the WotC team...?!

CapnZapp

Legend
Growing the team is great, but I wish Wizards would focus more on creating new properties instead of just updating old ones.
In fact, WotC and Hasbro is working hard on the reverse; associating "D&D" with a single kitchen-sinkified Realms of a setting, something amorphous and all-encompassing suitable for movies and action figures.

Sent from my C6603 using EN World mobile app

Remove ads

Remove ads