• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

would you....

kirinke

First Post
Hmmm. How about a classic odd-ball character?
Female Exalted Aasimar Cleric 10/Ranger 6 on her way to becoming a saint and possessed by a lawful good demon (we haven't established what kind of demon/devil he is, only one of the more powerful ones) aiming for true redemption as he is seeking to get rid of his demonic taint. The only way to do this is by doing good for the sake of doing good and building up 'karma' so to speak.

The demon's personality is based of the Cheshire Cat and both the Aasimar and the demon tend to really weird out the party paladin. :] :lol: :cool: :heh:

Roudi

First Post
Wait. Xenomorph aliens aren't sentient creatures already? I generally thought their intelligence was already high enough to preclude the awakened spells.

My gut reaction to someone wanting to play such a creature is "min/maxer!". There'd have to be a pretty convincing reason for such a character to exist in the first place, in any setting. I play mostly modern conspiracy / occult suspense campaigns, so such a creature would be right out.

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
kirinke said:
Hmmm. How about a classic odd-ball character?
Female Exalted Aasimar Cleric 10/Ranger 6 on her way to becoming a saint and possessed by a lawful good demon (we haven't established what kind of demon/devil he is, only one of the more powerful ones) aiming for true redemption as he is seeking to get rid of his demonic taint. The only way to do this is by doing good for the sake of doing good and building up 'karma' so to speak.
Ahhh, so for the epic-level campaign, the character becomes an NPC Saint and transcends to Celestia. The appropriate fiends take this conversion personally and wage all-out war on the NPC and all of her associates thereby drawing the Saint back from the Heavens with the eventual prospect of corrupting her.

This popped into my head and I thought I would share it.

wanting to play a xenomorph with class levels has nothing to do with me being a min-maxer, becuase i'm really not. i just think it would be something fun, and unique and if it wasn't really effective in the role that i chose for it, i wouldn't care as long as it was entertaining.

kirinke

First Post
TarionzCousin said:
Ahhh, so for the epic-level campaign, the character becomes an NPC Saint and transcends to Celestia. The appropriate fiends take this conversion personally and wage all-out war on the NPC and all of her associates thereby drawing the Saint back from the Heavens with the eventual prospect of corrupting her.

This popped into my head and I thought I would share it.

Actually, the game that she's currently in involves hellishly powerful and ancient demons called the twice damned. Yeah, even the lords of hell couldn't deal with these guys, so they banished them too. Our party includes a paladin, an exalted monk of Illmater with the Vow of Poverty to name a few. And that doesn't cover the various cohorts and followers we have.

Terwox

First Post
Awakened dire badger sorceror hit the table in one of my games. (His son was his familiar. :))

So did the pair of rakshasas, both of whom carried around blessed crossbow bolts.

I did disallow the monster of legend and feral templated humans presented to me, though.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads