X5: To the Temple of Death - IC

Dragonwriter

First Post
Jex raises an eyebrow in mixed confusion and curiosity. With a mental command, he sends Eissun to poke the body in the coffin, if the shadow elemental can do so without going too far from his master.

kinem

Adventurer
ooc: Nevermind the above post :)

[sblock=DW]Sorry, DW, but no. I told you what Eissun saw. Jex doesn't see what he sees; as far as you can tell, there isn't even rudimentary telepathic communication granted by the shadow servant ability. Eissun will have to return to his master and you can try to figure out a way to share info. If you can't keep Eissun's knowledge seperate from Jex's knowledge in play, I'll have to start only giving only Jex's point of view and NPCing Eissun if needed. It was probably my bad not to do so in the first place.[/sblock]

Eissun returns to the group, apparently uninjured.

Last edited:

Dragonwriter

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Oh, sorry. Putting it in the "Jex" titled sblock made me figure Jex was getting the info too.

If you think it would be better for you to NPC Eissun (except in combat), I will accept that choice.

However, I also wouldn't mind describing Shadow Elemental Charades for a few. :)
[/sblock]

kinem

Adventurer
[sblock=DW]Yes. In retrospect, I should have used DW or Eissun as the sblock title. My bad.

For exploration it'd probably be better for me to NPC him.

Right now, for charades - have at it :)[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
"Do you have control of those crocodiles, Girgal?" asks Aram. "Can you use them to ferry us across the moat?"

Dragonwriter

First Post
The shadow elemental slides back out of the wall and holds up its arm-like limbs, moving them around in a parallel fashion, first vertically, then horizontally, then one in front of the other while vertical.

The shadow being then floats up and tries to stretch itself out horizontally, with its arms folded across its "chest."

Walking Dad

First Post
Girgal, AC 23 (T15, FF20), HP 66/66, F +11,R+8,W+14
Ripclaw HP 57/57

"Not really. But they were to afraid to attack this bear-owls. Maybe I can convince them that we are even more dangerous to eat. They have seen how quickly the creatures were beaten." Girgal answers, trying just as he said.

[sblock=ooc]

active:
barkskin
enhance wild shape
spiderclimb
summon feat

----

Ripclaw: Hide+15, Move Silently+10

Spot +17, Listen +18

not final:
Spells:
0 (6) - cure minor wounds x2, light x2, detect magic x2
1 (4) – (jump), produce flame x2, vigor (lesser) x2 - faery fire,
2 (4) - (spiderclimb), barkskin x2, animalistic power, blinding spittle – snake swiftness, mass
3 (3) – (protection from energy), Stone Shape, blindsight – greater magic fang
4 (2) – (freedom of movement), Dispel Magic, enhance wildshape – SNA 4
5 (2) - (SNA 5), Greater stone shape - animal growth

Ripclaw has:
HP 57 (-)
AC: (with barkskin) 30 (T15, FF25)
Full Attack: 2 Claws +7 melee (1d6+4 plus poison) and bite +2 melee (1d6+2) and tail + 2 melee (1d6+2 plus poison)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Leaping pounce, poison (DC 14 1d6 Dex/1d6 Dex), rake 1d6+3
Hide+15, Move Silently+10
[/sblock]

kinem

Adventurer
The crocodiles begin moving away - perhaps due to Girgal's efforts, though the cold flames on the water may also have had something to do with it.

Fuller suppresses a grin at the elemental's antics. "I never saw a shadow dance like that before! Can you tell what it's doing, Jex? Girgal, perhaps your telepathy could come in handy there, too."

Dragonwriter

First Post
Jex can't help but chuckle at Eissun. "I've never quite seen Eissun do such things. And unfortunately, the link binding us isn't like that of a wizard and familiar or like Girgal and Ripclaw. It seems the only recourse is to guess what my elemental companion is trying to tell us. Though without an elemental language, or any kind of language, really, it may be somewhat difficult."

The elemental's "shoulders" slump and it waves a hand in front of its face, as if in exasperation. It then repeats its previous performance.

Walking Dad

First Post
Girgal, AC 23 (T15, FF20), HP 66/66, F +11,R+8,W+14
Ripclaw HP 57/57

"This will do no good. You usually have to share a language to use mindspeak. Only my druidic training gives me the ability to affect animals." Girgal explains.

[sblock=ooc]

active:
barkskin
enhance wild shape
spiderclimb
summon feat

----

Ripclaw: Hide+15, Move Silently+10

Spot +17, Listen +18

not final:
Spells:
0 (6) - cure minor wounds x2, light x2, detect magic x2
1 (4) – (jump), produce flame x2, vigor (lesser) x2 - faery fire,
2 (4) - (spiderclimb), barkskin x2, animalistic power, blinding spittle – snake swiftness, mass
3 (3) – (protection from energy), Stone Shape, blindsight – greater magic fang
4 (2) – (freedom of movement), Dispel Magic, enhance wildshape – SNA 4
5 (2) - (SNA 5), Greater stone shape - animal growth

Ripclaw has:
HP 57 (-)
AC: (with barkskin) 30 (T15, FF25)
Full Attack: 2 Claws +7 melee (1d6+4 plus poison) and bite +2 melee (1d6+2) and tail + 2 melee (1d6+2 plus poison)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Leaping pounce, poison (DC 14 1d6 Dex/1d6 Dex), rake 1d6+3
Hide+15, Move Silently+10
[/sblock]

Remove ads