X5: To the Temple of Death - IC

kinem

Adventurer
"Well, maybe he's trying to tell us what he saw inside, but I don't get it. Jex, can he answer yes or no questions from you?

Maybe we can smash open that window with that crazy axe of yours, Aram, and see what's inside. We'll need to deal with those two owl-bears first I guess.

That gives me another crazy idea. What if the axe were to attack them of its own accord? With a little help from my ring, of course, but they might not realize that. Then they might not attack us. What do you guys think?"

Rhun

First Post
"A brilliant idea, if you think you can enact such control over the axe." Aram removes the large weapon from his back, and hands it to Father Fuller.

kinem

Adventurer
"Be ready, in case this doesn't work."

Fuller takes the greataxe, walks a few paces towards the south corner, and lays it down on the wall. He then walks back. He turns in a circle, as if scanning the horizon.

"Kine." He triggers the magic, causing the axe to float over the moat, but not directly towards the two owlbears. Instead, he directs it on a circuitous, looping route, passing first over the south garden before bringing it north to where the two curious owlbears reside.

The axe floats over the owlbears, then loops south, then suddenly - whoosh! it zooms towards one of the creatures, narrowly missing it, then falls to the ground.

"Kine!" "Kine!" "Kine!" "Kine!" "Kine!" "Kine!" "Kine!" "Kine!" Fuller begins exclaiming softly, repeating the word even faster than he can control the axe, as the axe begins jumping toward the owlbear. The first few passes miss the creature, but then it begins striking the beast and drawing blood.

The owl-bear tries to swipe the axe with its claw, knocking it aside but not preventing it from rising again.

Confused and wounded, the beast retreats into the moat, swimming north and climbing onto and over the wall. Its mate follows. The creatures land on the ground and continue running, escaping with their lives.

"Kine." Fuller brings the axe back and hands it to Aram. "Let's check out that tower."

kinem

Adventurer
With the crocodiles driven off and the owlbears on the eastern side of the tower dealt with, the part crosses the moat without further ado, walking on the water thanks to Fuller's spell.

There are three glass windows near ground level on the eastern side of the tower - facing north, east, and south - but they are all shuttered from the inside.

kinem

Adventurer
The axe easily smashes the eastern window. With a few blows, Aram can clear a wide enough opening to crawl through. Glass tinkles as it hits the ground.

Inside is a chamber about 20' deep and 30' wide. It has are various furnishings - including a table with books on it, a chair, and what looks like it could be a coffin. Around the room are shelves of books and scrolls, a bed, stuffed animals and odd things hanging from the walls, and several large chests. Against the north side is a stairway, leading up.

To the west is a closed door.

Dragonwriter

First Post
As Father Fuller uses his ring to control the axe, Jex mumbles, "I want one of those..."

The shadowcaster follows along, trying to figure out just what his elemental ally was meaning until he pokes his head in the forcibly-opened window. "Oh. That strange dance must have meant that coffin. You know how bodies are sometimes arranged, arms folded across the chest and all. Of course, knowing the strange things the Master has had working for him, I wouldn't be surprised if that body isn't fully dead... Eissun, go poke it."

At Jex's bidding, the shadow floats into the room and swats at the corpse.

[sblock=OOC]
Normal attack for Eissun against the corpse. +8 touch for 1d8+1d8, and the whole Shadow Mastery bit.
[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
"Is there anything of value here? asks Aram, his eyes glancing over the place. "We should be quick, though. I'm sure we'll have guards on us shortly."

Remove ads