• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Xanathar's Guide Shows Up In The Wild!

Xanathar's Guide to Everything comes out this week (November 10th) for some stores (and a couple of weeks later, on November 21st, elsewhere - check with your local game store!) The book has been showing up in the wild - several bloggers and live streamers have received copies and are posting initial thoughts and reviews, and it has shown up at GameHole Con. Photos courtesy of Dave Rosser.

Xanathar's Guide to Everything comes out this week (November 10th) for some stores (and a couple of weeks later, on November 21st, elsewhere - check with your local game store!) The book has been showing up in the wild - several bloggers and live streamers have received copies and are posting initial thoughts and reviews, and it has shown up at GameHole Con. Photos courtesy of Dave Rosser.

xg5.jpg
xg4.jpg
xg3.jpg
xg2.jpg
xg1.jpg

You can also pre-order it at Fantasy Grounds for it's November 10th release. They've posted some awesome previews/screenshots. Here's one, but click through for the rest! Also, FG is offering a free copy to a lucky winner in this giveaway.

XanatharFour.jpg

Mike Adkins on Twitter has his copy, signed by some of WotC's employees.

As has the similarly named Michael Atkins!

It looks like Melvin Smif has the first review up. He says that "this is the first book I would claim as a “must have” for everyone who enjoys playing Dungeons and Dragons 5th Edition".

And NewbieDM on Twitter has a review copy and his sharing his general thoughts, although not answering specific questions about the contents.

Purple Pawn has a couple of copies and is giving one away for free. Leave a comment on his blog post, and you might get picked at random.

One last question, I know Temple of the Gods creates a Temple 120' unoccupied area dedicated to your God (I know this because someone on reddit got the first couple of lines exposed thanks to a D&D Beyond bug that has since been fixed), but I was wondering what special advantages does the Temple have compared to say Mighty Fortress or Mordiekeins Magnificent Mansion? And can it be made permanent with repeat castings over a year like Mighty Fortress can?

Temple of the Gods is a complex spell. It has a long casting time and can stay in place for a day (no concentration), is dedicated to a given deity and has some exclusion/protection abilities. Yes, it can be made permanent with repeat castings. Mighty Fortress is a higher level spell, lasts longer per casting, provides some nice amenities and strong fortifications but lacks the supernatural defenses of the Temple.

A couple basic ones.

- Healing Spirit Spell: Is there a limit on how much the spirit can heal per round, like once per round or something?

- Does zealot still get free revives?

A Healing Spirit can provide healing once to each creature it effects each round. A spell cast on a Zealot that would restore them to life does not require material components.

Vanakoji

First Post
A Healing Spirit can provide healing once to each creature it effects each round. A spell cast on a Zealot that would restore them to life does not require material components.

Thanks a lot. I guess if that is the only limitation that it becomes the new out of combat healing king at 10d6 for everyone in the party over the course of 1 min if it has no other limits. Also my favorite part of the zealot is still there, can't wait to pick up my copy Friday. Thanks again.

dropbear8mybaby

Banned
Banned
Incorrect: GG Rockingham has 6 limited editions available for purchase come this Saturday. You may wish to contact them to reserve a copy.

I secured my copy the very day it was announced. Store guy looked at me like I was crazy but we only get about 10 copies and no way I'm searching all over Australia for it.

Btw, you have 666 posts currently. Never post again!

Remove ads

Remove ads