You are in charge of what WOTC puts out for DnD.

Terwox

First Post
Unearthed Arcana II.
That was by far the most useful book for me since the core three.
Some more well thought alternate rules systems, but only minor changes, is mostly what I'm looking for.

ssampier

First Post
Greyhawk hardcover: if nothing to shut the fan boys up :lol:

Age of Worms hc: Why not?

start an imprint for smaller, open-source print-runs; not sure where I'm going with this.

Nellisir

Hero
Assuming my tastes are market tastes (which they aren't, but oh well...)

Unearthed Arcana II
Fiendish Codex III - Mercenaries of the Waste
Celestial Libram I & II - Archons & Eladrins
FR:Heartlands
FR: World Guide. Alternately, FR:Beyond the Sea of Swords (Evermeet & Maztica), FR: Beyond the Hordelands (Horde & Kara-Tur), and FR: Beyond the Southern Wastes (Zakhara)
A few Eberron books
Tome of Shadows - Tome of Magic/Tome of Battle, for stealthy types
Wilderness Survival Guide (covering Forests, Plains, and Swamps)
Mountaineer's Survival Guide (covering Hills and Mountains)
Dungeoneer's Survival Guide (covering the Underdark)
Fey, Giant, and Monstrous Humanoid type books
Law & Chaos books to accomany BoVD and BoED
4 adventures similar in design to Red Hand of Doom. At least one would be heavily dungeon/Underdark oriented, and tie into the Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth.

Drastically more OGC, and a review of existing 3rd party OGC to snip parts for a possible Unearthed Arcana III, PHIII, and DMG III.

A new, high fantasy, high magic campaign setting.

Last edited:

WayneLigon

Adventurer
D&D Basic - A one-book game priced at $15.00 that features Fighter, Wizard, and Rogue, with Human, Elf, Dwarf, and maybe two other races or racial variants. A brief spell list, the basics of combat (three or four pages), about fifty monster types, and a handfull of magic items. A good sized chapter on 'how to play this game you just bought' with a discussion of GM styles, player styles, etc. A brief campaign overview, with pull out barony map (a ruined castle battlemat on the other side) and photocopiable charcter sheet, equipment table and spell sheet.

The Complete Feats - All the feats from the past books, even the ones they think now suck. Then a discussion of how to use and not use feats. A discussion of how to gauge feat interaction and illustrations on 'how to break your game into little tiny peices'.

The Complete Prestige - All the prestige classes from past books. Discussions of how to create prestige classes, and how to pick which ones to allow, and which ones to not allow. Meta-discussion on each class and how it plays, and what it's niche is.

The Greyhawk Atlas - All fluff all the time. A history of Greyhawk. Lots of maps commissioned from that guy at Canonfire, city maps, etc. Pure setting material.

The Tome of Greyhawk - All Crunch, all the time. All the deities, PrCs, spells and magic items you could want.

The Campaign Builders Handbook - One of the few 2E books we have no analog for. How to create a campaign world from the ground up, starting with the basics you need for play, then carrying that forward to fleshing it out. Monte Cook writes this, expanding on his DungeonCraft articles and more. There is a seperate map and handout pack available, or downloadable from the web.

Nellisir

Hero
WayneLigon said:
The Campaign Builders Handbook - One of the few 2E books we have no analog for. How to create a campaign world from the ground up, starting with the basics you need for play, then carrying that forward to fleshing it out. Monte Cook writes this, expanding on his DungeonCraft articles and more. There is a seperate map and handout pack available, or downloadable from the web.
OK, I could seriously go for this.

Particle_Man

Explorer
Upgrade the 3.0 web enhancements to 3.5 (modrons, yay!)

More love for the Warlock. Complete Warlock would not go amiss.

Complete Class Variants: Take that idea in phb II and run with it, for all base classes. Many many variants!

Rules for gaming with few or no magic items.

Remove ads