• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

You are in charge of what WOTC puts out for DnD.

Nyaricus

First Post
Oh geez, I would do a few things (in no specific order):

1. Unearth Arcana II (Terwox you put that pretty good).

2. Darksun 3.5 (I really want to play this cmapaign, and a guy in my group is a Darksun Fanatic, been playing D&D for 20+ yeras as well :p)

3. Greyhawk 3.5 (Just to see what it'd look like. I no nothing about the setting, so that'd be cool).

4. More FR Regional Books. Especially for the CORE area - The Dalelands, Cormyr and Sembia. I am amazed that wasn't at the top of the list, and they covered "Lost Empires" before even one of those indespenable areas yet. The Dalelands would be of particular interest to me.

5. The "Other Places" in FR would also be great. Al Qadim, Kara Tur, Maztica, and that other place too... I just would like a bigger, better overveiw of the realms.

6. Oriental Adventures, 3.5 - with less setting material. Then, release some rulebooks which feature certain areas (fuedal Japan, Ancient China, India, they MtG setting, etc) so that people could pick and choose which area they want to be in.

7. Elements of Magic: Mythic Earth (I can wish, can't I?)

8. More of those awesome enviroment books. I've bought all but Sandstorm (money issues, not cause I don't want it :p) and I would love to see a setting neutral "UnderDark" book, along with forests, swamps and maybe a city book. Maybe.

8. More adventures, for all levels. That'd be cool.

9. Epic Rules that don't suck. For 3.5. With proper support. Did I mention they shouldn't suck.

10. A Racial Substituition Level/Paragon Tomb with every core race/class combo, as well as the Complete and the Psionic Classes, and the "Races of..." Races. THAT might very well be the number 1 on my list. Substituition Levels are teh best!

11. Not sure what else.

That's about all I have for now, anyways :)

Nyaricus

First Post
Particle_Man said:
Rules for gaming with few or no magic items.
Pick up Iron Heroes man, and you are set. Oh, and that's NO magic items, and an essentually optional Arcanist class. That;'s where it's at ;)

Hairfoot

First Post
I put out a series of Unearthed Arcanas with rule variant packages to suit various game styles without fundamentally altering D20.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
-- New printing of the 3.5 rules with new art (no dungeonpunk art needless to say).

Y'know- that's a good idea. HERO did something like that with their 4th edition. There was the core book and the setting book, and then there was a softcover that was essentially rules-only, available for about $10 less than the core book.

I'd go for a variety of Compendiums, to continue the utility trend of the Spell Compendium. Classes, Feats...maybe creatures.

Whisper72

Explorer
Starting out with a Basic Edition of DnD: a boxed set with all the necessary mini's, several sets of dive, several PHB's for only selected classes with limited skills, feats, spellst etc. up to about level 10 and a DMG redux with simplified rules and selected monsters (with all the mini's needed) and how to play them (small mini encounters), much emphasis on how to DM, as well as several adventures in the style with battlemaps included. Such that with one box, a group can get started playing.

Furthermore, 'complete settings': Complete Spelljammer, Complete Planescape, Complete DarkSun etc., large hardbound books including a nice map (maps?) with lots of on-line support.

Also, I would release 'premium' adventures. Boxed sets with all the mini's included, and if necessary also props, handouts and terrain features ('mini's for treasure chests, furniture etc. etc.).

Furthermore, I would reduce the price for the core books, making the switch to 3.x (from earlier editions or from the Basic Set) easier to make.

Do more 'Compendium' style books; Feat Compendium, Magic Item Compendium, PrC Compendium etc.

Fill out the environment series with Dungeon, Swamp, Mountain terrains

Fill out the Heroes of... line with: Heroes of Treachery (thievery/crime), Heroes of Justice (crime fighting goodness)

Campaign Sourcebooks linked to tech level/history: Cro Magnon Adventures, Bronze Age Adventures, Campaigns of Exploration (from Vikings to East India Company), Rise of Empires (Alexander the Great, Rise of Rome, Mongol Horde, Aztec Expansion) etc.

'Real world' regional sourcebooks: Indian Campaigns, Andean Adventures, 1001 Nightmares, Celtic Campaigns etc.

Remove ads