• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

You can't run but you can Hive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ginnel

Explorer
So.... in my campaign the PCs want to recruit the Angels in Celestia in order to gain their help fighting the Demons who now control Ptolus. However, the Portals to Celestia are all blocked, so they can't get through. I plan on having the contact a Fallen Angel who knows a hidden back entrance into Celestia. My question for the Hive is: what do you think this Fallen Celestial would require in trade for his/her help? [Should be something more interesting than simply wealth].
A simple, one favour you must complete in the future should have the party running for the hills :p

Killing a rival fallen/proper angel?

Vouching for the fallen angel to get unfallen?

Happy Birthday Froggy!

Goldmoon

First Post
Afternoon hive. We're back but we may be leaving again in a few hours. Not sure yet. How is everyone doing?

Happy late Birthday Froggy!

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Happy birthday, hafrogman!

A kiss? (Sorry, recently re-watched the Matrix trilogy... ;) )
Maybe he demands help in his case? Does he want back? Does he desire revenge? Does he want a place among the Devils?

Maybe something metaphysical, and the PCs have to find a way to find a physical representation of it?

How about their ability to laugh or sing (just for a short time)?

I recently thought about 4E Angels and angel mythology in the real world. There is always this idea of "Angelic Choirs" - I guess a "Choir" would be equivalent of a military unit in the Angelic Hierarchy. But still, a choir is about singing - a fallen angel might no longer be allowed to sing (or even able), because he was expelled from the Choir. Maybe he misses that?

Hrm. Okay, I'm going to go one little step farther and say he lost his voice. It was his punishment. I'll go with he's not truly a Fallen Angel, but that he was banished to find his lost voice as a punishment for some deed [perhaps losing a decisive battle against the Demons; made the wrong decision - chose love over and duty and this allowed the woman he loved to be saved, but cost the battle and the strategic location to fall into Demon hands].

Now...where would his voice be found?

Dog Moon

Adventurer
We're sharing PC designs now?

Sort of...sporadically. I don't know. Was sort of typing random things. I'm like a thousand monkeys sitting at a keyboard. Sometimes what I say is cool and makes sense; other times, it appears to be gibberish considering how many people pay attention to it.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Sort of...sporadically. I don't know. Was sort of typing random things. I'm like a thousand monkeys sitting at a keyboard. Sometimes what I say is cool and makes sense; other times, it appears to be gibberish considering how many people pay attention to it.
It is said that an infinite number of monkeys given an infinite number of time will produce all the great works of literature.

. . . the Hive?

53 monkeys. . . 27 minutes.

Ginnel

Explorer
Hrm. Okay, I'm going to go one little step farther and say he lost his voice. It was his punishment. I'll go with he's not truly a Fallen Angel, but that he was banished to find his lost voice as a punishment for some deed [perhaps losing a decisive battle against the Demons; made the wrong decision - chose love over and duty and this allowed the woman he loved to be saved, but cost the battle and the strategic location to fall into Demon hands].

Now...where would his voice be found?
Theres a few places we could go with this, it could be bound to a magical items (needs the voice of several being to make it work) possibly a mask/voice disguiser or maybe even a portable choir.

A creature who has been cursed without a voice could be stealing new ones, or the creature could be a collector of voices.

The voice itself may have been turned into physical representation and be running free somewhere, or this may have happend first before the previous suggestions

hafrogman

Adventurer
The voice itself may have been turned into physical representation and be running free somewhere, or this may have happend first before the previous suggestions
I like this idea, mostly because I like Peter Pan. Perhaps the Voice has taken on its own life. The wandering bard, with the voice of an angel, is in fact the physical personification of the voice in question. The Voice cannot be physically compelled to return, it must be convinced to return of its own free will. Thus the angel, who has no voice to give his argument words, must enlist the party to plead on his behalf.

If you wish to expand the quest, perhaps the bard has one final task that must be performed before it will be willing to give up its mortal existence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads