• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Your favorite D&D setting?

Psion

Adventurer
As a DM:

1. [*]Trinalia (my homebrew -- surprsingly, it is everything I want in a game world!)
    [*]Planescape
    [*]Dragonstar or Rokugan. (I'll decide after the GtG comes out...)
    [/list=1]

As a player:

What, me play? :(

Last edited:

Neqroteqh

First Post
My favorite to play in- Planescape.

My favorite to run- Taladas.

My favorite to read about (but not sure about the playability)- The rest of Dragonlance.

Others I'm quite fond of- Ravenloft, Dusk, Dragonstar, Al-Qadim

I'm downright sick of the Realms, but I'm not going to turn into a realms-basher over it... I just want to play something different. Kingdoms of Kalamar and Scarred Lands don't hold much appeal to me... Dusk has been canceled, I'm not interested in running Planescape anymore, my Taladas box is in Pennsylvania (and I'm not getting it back anytime soon), and 3E Dragonlance isn't going to be here for another year...

Time to start building a new campaign setting!

kenjib

First Post
-Kalamar
-I like the alternate Sovereign Stone rules but the setting is too meta-plotted and good vs. evil for me. The setting is also thin on details and the map is really poor.

I'll might run Kalamar using the Sovereign Stone system. They are a good fit IMO.

Last edited:

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
The World of Greyhawk, without a doubt. :)

Great backstory, the ability to customise it as you will, and some great Good vs. Evil vs. Neutrality conflicts.

Cheers!

Remove ads