• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Your Gas Price

fiddy

First Post
I'm in Indianapolis (technically Carmel, a suburb on the north side). Luckily I filled up last night after gaming for $2.63/gallon (regular unleaded). On the way to work this morning, the same traffic intersection (different gas station) was $3.49/gallon. Both of those stations (and the other half-dozen I pass between work and home were $3.19 on the way home this afternoon though. Good thing GenCon wasn't this week!

howandwhy99

Adventurer
I don't know the price of gas in my neck of the woods.

I receive free busing and rail passes from my employer because I don't drive to work.

Lately my fellow employees don't look at me so funny for not owning a car either.

Edit: Total transportation costs? Zip, unless I choose to rent a car.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Captain Tagon said:
Gas yesterday was $2.39 down here in SC. Now it's $4 or more if you can find gas at all. GA and NC are both just like out. It's crazy.
They say this was do to the Colonial Pipeline that goes up the east coast is down due Katrina, we will see 5$ Thursday (if anyone still has any), Atlanta already has them, glad I filled up this morning! The good news is that the pipeline MAY be at 60% this weekend. I still think a lot of it is gouging but... :(

Impeesa

Explorer
$1.10 Cdn/L here. I don't have the conversion factor handy, but you can probably interpolate from other people who did.

Agamon said:
You want driving for hours through nothing? Visit Western Canada. Not only are we big, we have way more nothing!

Not quite true. Once you hit the western edge of Alberta, and pretty much all of BC, it's quite picturesque. Saskatchewan, on the other hand...

And to be a little more on topic, you don't just have nothing - Alberta has more oil in it than any other whole country save Saudi Arabia, last I heard. BC has some huge offshore reserves too, but politics are preventing us from using them. Pity..

--Impeesa--

diaglo

Adventurer
Hand of Evil said:
They say this was do to the Colonial Pipeline that goes up the east coast is down due Katrina, we will see 5$ Thursday (if anyone still has any), Atlanta already has them, glad I filled up this morning! The good news is that the pipeline MAY be at 60% this weekend. I still think a lot of it is gouging but... :(
yup. some stations ran out of gas tonight. turning people away like back in the 70's.

i say we play OD&D like we did back then and go full retro. :D

diaglo

Adventurer
Crothian said:
I didn't know you needed an excuse to play that...:p
i'm having flashbacks with the gas lines.

i couldn't help but think of playing D&D.

heck, we used to play pinocle, bridge, poker, and other real card games for money too then. but i gave all that up for D&D mostly.... :heh:

JoeBlank

Explorer
Yeah, Atlanta had a minor gas panic this afternoon. Rumor spread that there was a shortage, and that pumps would be shut down for a period of time. The word varied, at the coffee shop this afternoon I heard they would shut down at 4 p.m. today and stay closed for 48 hours. Of course, none of this was true, but people choose to believe rumors rather than the news, or the Governor's word.

On the way home from work, I saw prices from $3.09 to $4.99. Lines at the pumps were out into the streets. The idiots who believed there was a shortage actually managed to cause a shortage. Mob mentality.

Remove ads