Yttermayn's Infractus Experiment OOC (recruiting closed)

Yttermayn

First Post
Leif: I like what Billie's doing, I'm curious though why Billy has a go-bag in the station. I'm sensing potential and needed back story there. Some Xp due if it's good and integrated into the ongoing thread well.

Yttermayn

First Post
Huh, I think i just fuigured it out.

A force that could split things that well would have split it not to a mono-molcular edge, but down to the atomic or sub-atomic level. spitting air would need a great amount of energy and force/pressure and the splitting of an atom, even a fairly non-dense atom as air, would release energy in a burst of plasma.

Right?

Xp for you. :)

The nimbus of arc-blue was flickering along the edges of the shards, each of them. So, dozens of super sharp little edges. Jorge was just playing with one of them, but they all showed the effect to some degree. I gotta go to bed, will try to continue updates tomorrow morn...

Leif

Adventurer
Leif: I like what Billie's doing, I'm curious though why Billy has a go-bag in the station. I'm sensing potential and needed back story there. Some Xp due if it's good and integrated into the ongoing thread well.
Billy has always had more than his fair share of wanderlust. Ever since he graduated college and went to work in radio, he would get a job at a good station and spend several months becoming the top local dj in his assigned time slot, and then his bones would ache to move. So, after several weeks, or a few months at most, he would just up and leave suddenly at the end of his shift. This pattern recurred in city after city, and Billy soon took to keeping his go-bag in the booth with him when he began to feel that urge begin to take hold. The current "bye-bye" was just the next in his long series of disappearances.

How's that sound? Please transfer/add it to Billy's character sblock if you like it. :)

Last edited:

Yttermayn

First Post
Billy has always had more than his fair share of wanderlust. Ever since he graduated college and went to work in radio, he would get a job at a good station and spend several months becoming the top local dj in his assigned time slot, and then his bones would ache to move. So, after several weeks, or a few months at most, he would just up and leave suddenly at the end of his shift. This pattern recurred in city after city, and Billy soon took to keeping his go-bag in the booth with him when he began to feel that urge begin to take hold. The current "bye-bye" was just the next in his long series of disappearances.

How's that sound? Please transfer/add it to Billy's character sblock if you like it. :)

2 points: How will you integrate that into the IC thread (there's a danger of over-exposition in any IC backstory)? How does he keep getting jobs when he keeps screwing previous employers over by taking off without warning?

Leif

Adventurer
2 points: How will you integrate that into the IC thread (there's a danger of over-exposition in any IC backstory)? How does he keep getting jobs when he keeps screwing previous employers over by taking off without warning?
I thouht it was already integrated into the IC thread -- apparently, some weeks before our story started, Billy began to feel his Urge to Move again, and so his go-bag was packed and with him in the station. He keeps getting jobs by being the BEST DJ around, and also by alerting his station manager that, 'I'm pretty sure I'm beginning to get that urge again!' It's only his co-workers and girlfriends who are taken completely at unawares by his moves.

Yttermayn

First Post
Ok, guys, I'm gonna level with you. I've been thinking about this for a couple weeks now. Infractus experiment is fun, but it's a lot of work on my end and more and more I find myself avoiding it, and consequently, avoiding Saga. I've also been having writing projects crop up that I really need to devote some attention to. Also, Crazy Monkey is back running, it seems, on Blue Moon and I am excited to play with you all over there. I hate to be a quitter, but I am putting Infractus Experiment on hiatus for now. If anyone is interested and if I am allowed to, I'll share some of my writing with you. Thanks for playing, I'll see you in Saga and whatever CM is cooking up!

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
this is a tough game to run. go and take a vacation. You deserve it. I am not sure if I can join you there I am starting (yet another) new job tomorrow at 2 pm. 1 pm your time. not to mention I am starting a game here .

Leif

Adventurer
I second De War's sentiments about you and this game. I'm also uncertain if I'll be able to join you there, because of increased gaming commitments here. It's been great, though!

Yttermayn

First Post
Thanks for your understanding, guys. I haven't gotten to play since CM ended his games, and playing was one of the things that kept me coming back and checking and participating frequently.

Remove ads