Yttermayn's "Saga of the Dragon Cult" (IC) 2

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
John stomps his foot in frustration, but maintains his concentration. he uses the 'hand' to pick up the rock again.

OOC: at leif:
[quote: finally connecting with grimy, scaly flesh! [I hope?]
Grok attack: 1d20 + 3 = 19 /quote] nope, you missed

spot check? ugh.

Yttermayn

First Post
Rosalia's arrow catches an enemy in the throat, and Grok crushes another shortly thereafter. Thus exposed, the leader puts his back to the wall and fumbles a container out of it's robes, then slings the contents and smashes it on the floor directly between itself and the party. It has a grim, resolved expression on it's face as it awates it's fate.
(5ft step away from Roderic, use item)

OOC: Scrag is up! There are 5 adjascent squares around the leader, the front three has the mystery liquid on them.

27 Rosalia (rnd4 shoot - kills k14)
17 Grok -4hp (rnd4 kills k6)
17 Strange Kobold -10 (rnd4, 5ft step, use mystery container)
15 Scrag -9hp (rnd3 miss)
14 Kobold (killed by Tuk)
14 Kobold (killed by Rosalia)
11 Tuk -5hp (rnd3 kills k6)
10 John -2hp (rnd3 cast mage hand, rock drop miss)
6 Kobold (killed by Tuk)
6 Kobold (killed by Grok)
2 Roderic -7hp (rnd3 stabs Strange Kobold for 10)

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

copy and paste:
Ack! Does anybody else have trouble with ENWorld when typing? I cant copy or paste, i cant use apostrophies, and I cant backspace. Errrrgggg. will try again later.

other stuff:
Apos' and backspace:

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
OOC: Scott, try rebooting your computer. May be on your side.

IC: Scrag growls as he sees the liquid on the ground, drops his axe, and pulls his bow. He stays in position and fires off a shot, which goes wide due to his lack of recent practice.

OOC: It hasn't been a good series for Scrag, folks. The troll has seen his batting average drop sharply in this three-game series.

Yttermayn

First Post
The cunning troll avoids the mystery substance and switches weapons, then lobs an arrow that fails to connect.

OOC: Wow, what did you do to tick off the dice gods, Deuce? Also, I only seem to have that apostrophy-backspace-copy-paste issue with firefox. IE is slow though. sigh... Chrome?

OOC: Tuk is up! Also John, & Roderic.

27 Rosalia (rnd4 shoot - kills k14)
17 Grok -4hp (rnd4 kills k6)
17 Strange Kobold -10 (rnd4, 5ft step, use mystery container)
15 Scrag -9hp (rnd4 miss)
14 Kobold (killed by Tuk)
14 Kobold (killed by Rosalia)
11 Tuk -5hp (rnd3 kills k6)
10 John -2hp (rnd3 cast mage hand, rock drop miss)
6 Kobold (killed by Tuk)
6 Kobold (killed by Grok)
2 Roderic -7hp (rnd3 stabs Strange Kobold for 10)

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

OOC: IIRC-a concentration spell will prevent the casting of another spell, Right?

Once again the invisble hand snatches the rock off the ground and John looks around to see what he can see.

OOC: Before I roll my attack, did that spot check reveal any thing?

Yttermayn

First Post
OOC: IIRC-a concentration spell will prevent the casting of another spell, Right?

OOC: Before I roll my attack, did that spot check reveal any thing?

OOC: Do you mean duration:concentration? If that's the case, and you manage to cause damage with that rock, then yes. A 5lb rock from a few feet overhead (which is all you have inside the cave) can cause damage and force a concentration check. I'm going to make a ruling, since I see this scenario coming up again, that an object being dropped from above at the upper limit of mage hand's range will potentially cause 1-3 pts of damage, if it hits. Dex applies to the to-hit roll. This is of course just talking about a rock or similar simple dense object. An item that has it's own innate damage potential, like a bomb, is another matter.

Spot: John notices a part of the head of his staff is glowing. He also notices a matching glow coming from a pocket in the beast's robes, which has begun to smolder. If it has noticed, it hasn't made any indication of it.

Once again, Tuk's lethal steel links strike out. The slightest quirk at the corner of his mouth shows on his otherwise impassive face as the chain wraps over the top of the invisible shield. The weapons barbs stick into the flesh at the back of the monster's head, and Tuk hauls back hard enough to rip the scalp right off of the creature. It pitches forward face first and lays twitching on the grimy cave floor.

OOC: All enemies are down, combat finished!

Voda Vosa

First Post
The gritty warrior coils his deadly weapon around his armored forearm. "It takes a true warrior like me to finish up things. You weaklings would have been toying around with this kobolds for hours." says Tuk, and spits at the twitching body of the kobold sorcerer. "Die already bastard" he says, and kicks the thing on the head, if it didn't already turn into black goo.

Remove ads