Yttermayn's "Saga of the Dragon Cult" (IC)

Yttermayn

First Post
Thrindar
The farrier gives the dwarf more details "Prior, he was just an inconvenience and a local curiosity. He and the kobolds generally didn't bother us too much. Maybe he's just unusually intelligent for an ogre and knows better than to mess with a human community too much. We don't know for sure, but as long as everyone keeps thier distance, he and the kobolds he seems to boss leave us be." The man listens as the dwarf sorts out his meaning concerning companions. "Good to see you have a realistic idea of what an ogre can do. That woodsman and the other ogre's victims did not come back pretty."
The patient horse seems to notice Toby and slowly swings its head around and out to sniff at the feline.
Jakobee
Jakobee sees upon coming closer what appears to be a troll and a half orc having an ongoing single-sylable conversation near the church steps. The half orc is decked out in what appears to be Pelorian livery over armor, marking him and the armored human next to him as some sort of militant clergy members. The troll wears nothing but some very minimal rags, and seems to be docile.
Scrag
Behind Grok and Who (Roderic), Scrag sees another strangly garbed figure coming in the direction of the church.
John
OOC: I had intended John's father and mother to live in Hadler's Gap, but he can just as easily be in another nearby village.
John passes a burly human wearing a spiked chain wrapped around his armored torso on his way into the inn. Upon entering the establishment, the innkeeper looks up and nods and says. "Well I hope you're not so much of an arse as the last fella. What can I get for ya?"

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Hello good sir. A drink, ale, if you will be so kind." then looking back in the direction that he saw the armered burly fellow went, "and my I not be an arse." he says, turning back to the barkeep.

" I also seek information. I understand that a local resident has, um, met a most regrettable untimely demise. The furrierier, <enter former furrier's name here> was a family friend. Could you tell me where his final rest is, that i may pay respects on behalf of my family?"

Voda Vosa

First Post
A sturdy man, of hard facial features stands towering in front of the dwarf, holding a spiked chain coiled around his arm and chest. "Well met master dwarf. You and I should speak of business." The man looked as he would say something else, but suddenly frowns."My apologies, I didn't introduce myself properly: I'm Tuk Apeldan, my friends, if I have any left, call me 'Heavy Hands', a strange but fair nickname I've used to live with." Tuk gives his free hand to Thrindar to shake.
"I couldn't avoid to hear your conversation with this gentleman, and it seems to me we share objectives. I heard the rumours about some strange events in this town, and decided to come here and make some coin, plus helping this folks, of course." Although Tuks words seem truly, his face didn't reveal any of the feelings it should had. Heavy Hands looks at the weary look in the man's eyes. "Yes I'm a mercenary, do you have a problem with that?" Tuk turns to watch the man directly in the eyes. "... Sorry, I didn't meant to be rude, but I didn't get what you can call a warm welcome from your barkeeper today, he set me in this mood." the warrior turns again to look at the wizard.
"What do you say master dwarf? It seems we coudl be of use to one another, you could be doing the talking for starters." the man chuckles.

G

Guest 11456

Thrindar : Male Dwarf Wizard (Evoker) 1

Thrindar looks at the presented hand and smirks. "Doesn't look very heavy to me." Not waiting for a response the dwarf continues. "I am Thrindar the Great. Perhaps you have heard of me?" What you say is true, though. There is safety in numbers. However I fear that while the two of us might be able to defeat the ogre there are an undisclosed number of kobolds involved as well. We will most likely need a few more before we venture into the wilderness." At this point, as if getting annoyed that he has been left out, Toby meows. "Oh! And this is Toby my traveling companion. So that makes three of us. I am quite sure, however, that we could use two or three more just to be on the safe side."

OOC: Note that Thrindar never actually shakes the man's hand.

maddmic

Explorer
Grok nods and turns to Roderic. "Grok not sure, but think he means priest inside." The half-orc then proceeds into the temple.

Yttermayn

First Post
John
"Murdok the furrier is buried in the town cemetary, behind the temple of Pelor, you cant miss it." said the dissapointed innkeeper, realizing John didn't intend to stay.
Thrindar
In a stunnign coincidence, Toby stops licking itself just when he was getting to the good part, due to his noticing of three unusual figures entering the church of Pelor a little bit down the street.
Grok, Roderic
Grok and Roderic enter the temple to find the preist taking his lunch in a side office. He looks up surprised at first and then with dawning recognition. "By your patriarch's description, you must be Grok and Roderic. A pleasure to meet you both." The kindly preist gives them the sign of Pelor by way of a handshake. "Would you like some lunch? Do you mind if Scrag joins you? I beleive you had to have met him outside, he's kind of hard to miss. I try to socialize him with new people as much as possible to round out the boy's developement."

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
Scrag absentmindedly chews on a claw (what would be a fingernail on humans), sharpening it as he watches those gathered at the blacksmith, wary of threats.

Helfdan

First Post
Roderic laughs. "That is some boy you have here, holy father! But we will gladly break bread with him, as we discuss the current troubles."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
John sees the look of dissappointment and amends what he has said thus far. "I will probably need some time here to conduct business whill i am in town. How much for a week of stay?"

A slight look of worry is on his face as he mentally calculates his coinage level.

Remove ads