• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Yttermayn's "Saga of the Dragon Cult" (IC)

Yttermayn

First Post
John
The innkeeper practically jumps up and sweeps his hands towards the back of the establishment where a short hall to the the rooms are. He smiles as he shows John the accomodations, a small but comfortable room. The bed mattress felt softer that the straw filled ones John was used to whenever he traveled. There was a locking wardrobe for personal effects, but the room door could only be secured from the inside via a sliding bar. "I hope the accomodations suit you?" the innkeeper asked.
Tuk, Thrindar, Scrag, Roderic
Tuk and Thrindar see the three they saw outside engaging in a meal together, just in time to hear one of them ask "If I may, what can you tell me of the troubles besetting this town?" The priest is about to answer when he notices the new arrivals. "Friends of yours?" He asks the men at the table and glances behind them to the chained man and the dwarf.
Jakobee
Jakobee walks into an awkward situation, almost tripping over the stubby dwarf rudely standing just inside the doorway. With all the people staring at each other like strange cats, Jakobee's diobolical instincts sense a moment that could be used for great opportunity or great folly.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
John smiles broadly and says,"Most definitely. Thank you."

When the Inn Keep leaves, he closes the door, places the cross bar in its place accross the door and disrobes. Casting prestidigitation to clean his robes John proceeds to clean the road grime off himself with water from the pitcher into the washbasin. After about half of an hour he is ready to face the civilized world.

[edit]
He leaves several items in the wardrobe, things like his spell book remain in the backpack. Travel items are left in the lockable waardrobe.

note: items left in the wardrobe are annoted on the character sheet with (*)
[/edit]

He tests the mattress with a longing look, but knows the time for rest is later. He returns to the commen room cleaned and refreshed, Waves to the Inn Keep and proceeds to head toward the temple of Pelor.

[edit 2] John wastes no time looking about. the temple was indicated by the inn keep and he heads for the graveyard behind the temple. Looking for any fresh graves he will head toward any to check the names on the headstones to find the name of the furrier.
[/edit2]

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
Tuk cross his arms in front his chest, making metallic sounds with his chains, waiting for the dwarf to speak. He looks alternatively between the cat and the troll, whose mouth is stained with blood and pieces of meat. He doesn't seem so frighten now...

G

Guest 11456

Thrindar : Male Dwarf Wizard (Evoker) 1

Tuk and Thrindar see the three they saw outside engaging in a meal together, just in time to hear one of them ask "If I may, what can you tell me of the troubles besetting this town?" The priest is about to answer when he notices the new arrivals. "Friends of yours?" He asks the men at the table and glances behind them to the chained man and the dwarf. Jakobee walks into an awkward situation, almost tripping over the stubby dwarf rudely standing just inside the doorway.

Thrindar steps into the church, glances around and then clears his throat as Toby peeks into the doorway. "Apparantly, if we wish to rid the town of its troubles we are to vanquish the ogre and his kobold allies in their cave hideout in the hills nearby. I have been given directions. Apparently the trouble started two months ago. Prior to two months ago the ogre was just an inconvenience and a local curiosity. He and the kobolds generally didn't bother the town too much. As long as everyone kept thier distance, the ogre and the kobolds left the town alone. A woodsman and some other victims were apparently mutilated." He looks at the assembled group. "It would appear that we have enough individuals to mount an expedition." He glances around the room once more. "Quite a diverse group from the looks of things. When will you be ready to leave? The farrier seemed to think the matter quite urgent." At this point Toby trotted into the church and started walking around the room sniffing each individual while Thrindar just stood as if waiting for the others to make their decision to go.

Helfdan

First Post
Somewhat sursprised at the dwarf's precise and confident speech, Roderic turns back to the priest. "Errr... I have yet to meet them, but it sounds as if we have a shared purpose."

maddmic

Explorer
Grok happily nods approval when the offer of food is given to him. He is about to answer the priest's questions when Roderic does instead. He just smiles as he waits for the food to be placed before them.

His eyes open wide and he almost licks his chops as he sees the ham hock, yet his disappointment is somewhat noticeable when it is sat out for the troll. He had been domesticated in many ways, yet there was still a part of him that acted like half of the savage he was. There was something about the rawness of meat. It made him salivate and certainly quenched his hunger after a long day.

It was not to be though as he watched the big blue-green creature begin gnashing it up. He almost forgot that he had some stew in front of him until he heard Roderic slurping. Not wanting to offend the priest who had so graciously offered the meal, Grok lifted the bowl and bread and began to eat with little regard for his manners.

Shortly thereafter, more people entered into the church. Grok didn't pay them much mind as he was satisfying his hunger, until the dwarf spoke. Not many humanoids have as distinct a voice as dwarves. This could mean trouble if the dwarf had a hatred for orcs. He had run into more than a fair share who disdained his kind almost as much as the full-blooded race. Hearing Roderic answer the long dissertation, Grok put the bowl down and slowly turned around to look upon the newcomers.

The half-orc wiped his mouth with his sleeve and watched the cat approach each person. It had been a while since he ate a cat. They were so tender and juicy. Their head kind of popped like a grape might in a human's mouth. It was apparent though that this cat belonged to somebody and probably somebody in the room, so Grok thought better of snapping it's neck and partaking of the delicacy.

He stood and placed his hand on his chest. "Me Grok. This Roderic. We go when priest tell us how best to serve Pelor in this problem." Confident in his greeting, he turns back around and picks up the bowl. He then turns to face the newcomers again and continues eating anything left in the bowl.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Tuk raises an eyebrow when the wizard made the explanation. "You are even more direct than me." the man tells the dwarf, looking down to his side, then address the others. "The name is Tuk Apeladan; may be my dwarven companion is way too pragmatical, but his concern is authentic, and his words are certainly accurate." Apeldan stood motionless for about five seconds. "Oh and his name is Thirndar. The cat is Toby, I think."
Again, what Tuk said should have been accompanied by facial gesticulation and emotions. But there are none.

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
Lots of talking. Always lots of talking when people came to see the Boss. Scrag understood of it but, as usual, kept quiet. He wasn't very bright, but he had learned that it was best if people thought he was even less smart than he really was.

As the cat approached, Scrag's eye twitched and his lip curled. He began gnawing on the already stripped hamhock bone to keep himself occupied.

G

Guest 11456

Thrindar : Male Dwarf Wizard (Evoker) 1

As Toby continues to make his rounds Thrindar glances around the room. "I am Thrindar the Great! Perhaps you have heard of me. My companion is Toby." At this point he gestures in the direction of the feline who is sniffing the troll.

Remove ads