Yttermayn's "Saga of the Dragon Cult" OOC

Voadam

Legend
Are you using the DCC 35 Known World Gazeteer Cosmology?

My first thought was a warlock who had pacted with one of the dark gods/demons there for power but this is incompatible with a paladin so I will come up with a different concept.

Yttermayn

First Post
Are you using the DCC 35 Known World Gazeteer Cosmology?

My first thought was a warlock who had pacted with one of the dark gods/demons there for power but this is incompatible with a paladin so I will come up with a different concept.

Just clarifying, 3.0 psionics handbook or 3.5 expanded psionics handbook?

DCC 35 Known World Gazeteer Cosmology: Not using that, I'm not sure what it is. You could make a warlock with a fey pact (a la 4th ed), or the star pact (a la 4th ed), or design some other power source. I have a warlock concept that is technically infernal, but was thrust upon him unwillingly. There's lots you can do.
I have the 3.0 PsiHB in hard copy which I am familiar with, and I have a digital copy of the 3.5 version that I haven't really dug into that much. I will generally use 3.0 (due to familiarity) unless it conflicts in an important way.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
oooo

A fey based woarlock can get interesting. in the sat. table top game i am in, there is a warlock with a fey based "thing" his summoned creatures, instead of being undead, are creatures with the woodling template. he is level 6 right now and rides a displacer beast with the woodling template.

his history was that he was possed by a fey spirit to begin with. his tribe saw he was tainted with this dark spirit and basically kicked him out. the character is bassed on an Afican tribal origin.

will that help for any ideas for you?

Voda Vosa

First Post
A draft:
Code:
 Name: Tuk "Heavy hand" Apeldan
Class: Fighter
Race: Human
Size: Medium
Alignment: Neutral 

Str: 16 +3 (10p.)     Level: 1        XP: 0
Dex: 14 +2 (6p.)     BAB: +1         HP: 13 (1d10+3)
Con: 16 +3 (10p.)     Grapple: +4     Dmg Red: 0
Int: 13 +1 (4p.)     Speed: 30'(-10)      Spell Res: 0
Wis: 09 -1 (2p.)     Init: +2      Spell Save: +0
Cha: 08 -1 (0p.)     ACP: -4         Spell Fail: 0%

Base  Armor Shld   Dex  Size   Nat  Misc  Total
Armor:          10    +4    +2    +2    +0    +0    +0    18
Touch: 12              Flatfooted: 16

Base   Mod  Misc  Total
Fort:                      2     +3          +5
Ref:                       0     +2          +2
Will:                      0     -1          -1

Weapon                Attack   Damage     Critical
Spiked Chain            +4      2d4+3      x2
Net                     +3       -         -
Sling                   +3      1d4+3      x2

Languages: Common, Dwarven.

Abilities: 
Human:     
*  Medium: As Medium creatures, humans have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
* Human base land speed is 30 feet.
* 1 extra feat at 1st level.
* 4 extra skill points at 1st level and 1 extra skill point at each additional level.
* Automatic Language: Common. Bonus Languages: Any (other than secret languages, such as Druidic). See the Speak Language skill.
* Favored Class: Any. When determining whether a multiclass human takes an experience point penalty, his or her highest-level class does not count.

Feats: Exotic weapon prof. Combat expertise. Improved trip

Skills               Ranks  Mod  Misc  Total
Climb                  4    +3          +7
Intimidate             4    -1          +3
Jump                   4    +3          +7 

Equipment:            
Scale armor           50gp   30lb
Shield, large, wooden 7gp    10lb
Chain spiked          25gp   10lb    
Net                   20gp   6lb 
Sling                  1gp
Bullets
Bed roll
Flint and steel
Iron pot	
X days of trail ration
Waterskin

Money:

Money?

Yttermayn

First Post
oooo

A fey based woarlock can get interesting. in the sat. table top game i am in, there is a warlock with a fey based "thing" his summoned creatures, instead of being undead, are creatures with the woodling template. he is level 6 right now and rides a displacer beast with the woodling template.

his history was that he was possed by a fey spirit to begin with. his tribe saw he was tainted with this dark spirit and basically kicked him out. the character is bassed on an Afican tribal origin.

will that help for any ideas for you?

African fey- Hmm, reminds me of a book I read once about creatures known as the Shetani.
thumbnail.asp

Anyways, I will try to review characters by the 8th at the latest. I will be working wednesday through saturday, and I frequently don't get home untill late, so no promises there. Also, it seems like ENworld has been flakey again lately. Hopefully it won't mess us up.

Last edited:

Remove ads