ZNG Cartography

catsclaw227

First Post
palehorse said:
:) All my parchment backgrounds are generated in Photoshop. I've got an action recorded to do all the boring parts for me, then I add the deckled edge with a layer mask. It's ridiculously easy.
I'd love to find out what processes you use. Even the boring parts.

ZombieButch

First Post
catsclaw227 said:
I'd love to find out what processes you use. Even the boring parts.

I've been kicking around the idea of doing an "RPG Cartography with Adobe Photoshop" book for my next big project, after I finish the Superlink book I'm working on now. If I can get it worked out, I'd probably record a few video podcasts and put them up on YouTube to promote it.

ZombieButch

First Post
Figured I might as well keep on using this thread to post my new maps, hence the title change. :)

Here's one I did last night, for an upcoming Risus game I'm about to run.

TN-VIslands.jpg

ZombieButch

First Post
Here's an interior I'm working on, a crazy old hermit's cabin. I've gotta redo the bed (I liked it at one point, but I couldn't leave well enough alone and kept futzing with it... grr!) and roughen up the edges of the fireplace before I start adding anything else; this is a work in progress!

Cabin-wip.jpg

ZombieButch

First Post
I've added a new map to the gallery: the town of Maya. I've got a whole backstory for it, which I'll write down at some point.

Here's the thumbnail:

TN-Maya.jpg

And here's the link!

I'll put up a quick mini-tutorial based on one of the techniques I used at ZombieNirvana.com ASAP; the tutorial and the Maya map will both make an appearance in Fantasy Cartography for Adobe Photoshop, which is coming along nicely!

Redrobes

First Post
I love the scale for that map !!! Now is that 2 minutes walk for an venerable arthritic halfling drunkard in full plate or 2 minutes of monk master after two cups of el zingos super caffeinated expresso ?

You should run over to www.rpgmapshare.com and look at the maps there and maybe upload some. I like yours a lot - very nice work.

Remove ads