• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Welcome Our New Columnist - Darryl Mott Jr!

A new columnist will be joining us here at EN World very soon! Darryl Mott Jr., who you may know as Abstruse, used to write an awesome column at Ain't It Cool News called AICN Tabletop. And now he's joining Christopher Helton, Michael Tresca, Sean Patrick Fannon, and myself here at EN World. His first gig will likely be an interview with Green Ronin about their upcoming Book of the Righteous 5E before he launches his weekly column upon us! I can't wait to read it!

A new columnist will be joining us here at EN World very soon! Darryl Mott Jr., who you may know as Abstruse, used to write an awesome column at Ain't It Cool News called AICN Tabletop. And now he's joining Christopher Helton, Michael Tresca, Sean Patrick Fannon, and myself here at EN World. His first gig will likely be an interview with Green Ronin about their upcoming Book of the Righteous 5E before he launches his weekly column upon us! I can't wait to read it!

Darryl currently co-hosts the Gamers Tavern podcast.

image.jpeg

Connorsrpg

Adventurer
Cool. Welcome on board, (well, you were already on board, but now you are on the upper deck. I'll refrain from calling it the poop deck though). Looking forward to new articles right here :)

Abstruse

Legend
Hello everyone. It's great to be back!

For those who don't know me, I spent almost three years as a columnist for Ain't It Cool News writing the column AICN Tabletop. During that time, I covered a lot of news, reviewed many games, and interviewed some of the biggest names in tabletop gaming. I'm also the owner and engineer of Gamer's Tavern Media which produces podcasts, live streams, and videos about gaming.

I'm really looking forward to getting back in the game (no pun intended) and to be in such great company here at ENWorld.

Abstruse

Legend
Also, I apologize for the close-up of my beard showing up on the preview scroll at the top of the page. No one wants to see that ^_^;;

KentDT

Explorer
Welcome.
I've been wondering where the AICN Tabletop column had gone. Always looked forward to that but I'll look forward to your columns here now.

Abstruse

Legend
Welcome.
I've been wondering where the AICN Tabletop column had gone. Always looked forward to that but I'll look forward to your columns here now.
The TL;DR version: My father passed away last year and my depression got very bad for a long period due to that and other personal reasons. By the time I was ready to get back to the column, my editor had left AICN for a different website focused solely on movies.

While my column won't be exactly the same as AICN Tabletop was (mostly because I have to tone down my potty mouth), we're using that as a starting point to find something that fits in with the other work being done here at ENWorld.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads