D&D Art & Arcana Amazon Sale

Amazon currently has a sale on for the Art & Arcana visual history of Dungeons & Dragons (both the special edition and the regular edition). You can pick up the special edition for about half price (also in Amazon UK). I gave in to temptation and availed myself of the sale yesterday, as the original price was a bit too rich for my blood, and my copy arrived this morning. It's really pretty! Here's a quick look (I almost didn't want to unpack this for fear of ruining it!)

D0pmhXQX0AA8NyP.jpg
D0pmhXSXQAEkZj6.jpg
D0pmhXSWwAEVN_y.jpg
D0pmhXSWwAIftc1.jpg

"A deluxe, special edition with slipcase and ephemera of the illustrated guide to the history and evolution of the beloved role-playing game told through the paintings, sketches, and illustrations behind its creation, growth, and continued popularity.

Dungeons and Dragons is the most iconic and pervasive gaming franchise in the world. It is a seminal RPG (role-playing game) and the inspiration for video games like World of Warcraft and Zelda, fantasy art, and countless other facets of "geek culture." This officially licensed illustrated history provides an unprecedented look at the visual evolution of the game, showing its continued influence on the worlds of pop culture and fantasy. It features more than 700 pieces of artwork--from each edition of the game's core books, supplements, and modules; decades of Dragon and Dungeon magazines; classic advertisements and merchandise; and never-before-seen sketches, large-format canvases, rare photographs, one-of-a-kind drafts, and more from the now-famous designers and artists associated with the game. The superstar author team gained unparalleled access to the archives of Wizards of the Coast and the personal collections of top collectors, as well as the designers and illustrators who created the distinctive characters, concepts, and visuals that have defined fantasy art and gameplay for generations. This is the most comprehensive collection of D&D imagery ever assembled, making this the ultimate collectible for the game's millions of fans around the world."

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
LOL no way! I have already given enough money to WotC for 5E stuff... including books that are kind of worthless IMO and I wish I hadn't bought... :(

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
LOL no way! I have already given enough money to WotC for 5E stuff... including books that are kind of worthless IMO and I wish I hadn't bought... :(

This isn’t WotC. And it’s not 5E stuff. It’s an art book covering the history of D&D.

Nebulous

Legend
I actually much prefer the Elmore cover art and I heard that the extras weren't worth the original price. The 60% is probably worth it, but I still love the dragon cover.

Mercador

Adventurer
I have the standard edition and read through it in 3 sittings. It's really down to the nostalgia alley, it's great for us that grow old with DnD.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases