MMORPGs death of RPG

Andor

First Post
I've never heard of it happening. I know several people who play MMORPGs, I don't know one who would rather play MMORPGs than PnP games.

Thanee

First Post
Yep, I know several people who play MMORPGs (I play WoW currently, too :)), but roleplaying does not really suffer from that.

Bye
Thanee

Felon

First Post
My groups took a 6-month nap for WoW. I imagine if we hadn't been playing together for the better part of a decade, that could've been the end of our gaming.

And of course, if WoW was actually supporting their game with regular content patches like they should be, we might not be gaming still.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
people said that M:tG would kill RPGs once upon at time... of course, that was before WotC bought TSR and we all saw the irony in that. ;)

Andor said:
I've never heard of it happening. I know several people who play MMORPGs, I don't know one who would rather play MMORPGs than PnP games.

the guy who got me started playing RPGs (not the guy who introduced me to them, but the guy who actually got my started playing) has told me that City of Heroes is better than D&D. :(

of course, since he moved to las vegas, he hasn't been around to play with me for a few years...

KenM

Banned
Banned
I know a guy in my last long term RPG group that is so addicted to EQ, he bought a second computer system and set it up next to his other one. Bought another copy of EQ and had two EQ accounts so he could play EQ with 2 characters at the same time. When he was not at work or at this game, he was playing EQ.
I just started getting into WoW. It is the only MMORPG I like. I tryed a few of them and could not get into them. But I don't think MMORPGs will replace sitting around a table and being sociclble in real life.

Last edited:

TheAuldGrump

First Post
One of my two OGL Steampunk games ended because of WoW.

Mind you the players were 12 years old or so, with limited atten... oooh! Shiny!

The Auld Grump

pogre

Legend
I once had a player not come to a session because he was playing EQ online with his friends from back home. I cut him loose from my table at that point. I have heard of it destroying other groups although I admit it's tough for me to understand why.

Remove ads