Gamers = Friends = Good Friends

I have had a bit of bad luck this year. My wife lost her job and was jobless for 10+ weeks and I myself lost 10 days of work due to a serious illness which included hospital time. I have been battling bill collectors and agencies for the past month now.

To save the house, I had to clean out both accounts. We had no money left and I have been eating Bisquik for three days now while working the 65 hour weeks.

Hearing of this, the group pitched in and brought food for the game. About three- four meals worth!

My wife and kids can eat this week and I can get away from dry biscuits for the only meal for a few days. Pay day will be here shortly so I can begin to recover.

This act of kindness and care proves what I always knew- the gaming group is something like an extended family and close friends.

If you guys are reading this- thankyou.

and no- that doesn't mean you get your admantanium keen vorpal rapier Cedious

Greylock

First Post
megamania said:
This act of kindness and care proves what I always knew- the gaming group is something like an extended family and close friends.

Man, I hear you loud and clear. I've been honestly humbled and grateful for similar attention from my gaming friends during my ongoing recuperation. When they all piped up and promised to help out prior to my surgery I pretty much put all the well-wishes in the same bag as the ones from other friends and co-workers. The thoughts were good enough for me. But, boyo, was I ever wrong. It's been my gaming friends that have really gone all out to help me out, keep me fed, and encourage my return to full health. I will be in their debt forever.

Guys and gal, and all your spouses, my eternal thanks...

IronWolf

blank
It's great to hear your gaming friends helped you out in your time of need. Friends of any sort that go above the simple words of "Let me know if I can do anything to help." are valuable ones indeed.

the Jester

Legend
It is good that your group is such good friends. What might be even better is that you recognize and appreciate it. :) Too often, close groups end up falling apart because the people in them take each other for granted. It's really cool both that your group cares enough for you to help out and that you have the perspective to be thankful. :)

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
That's just amazing. And I'm glad to hear things are starting to look up for you.

DaveStebbins

First Post
Yep, one member of my group recently lost his job and will likely have to move away (dangburn non-compete agreements). At least three others in the group have been going over regularly and doing whatever needs to be done to help him get his house ready to sell (cleaning, packing, painting, electrical and cement work, etc.). He recently said, "Man, I have no idea what I would have done if I hadn't met you guys." The game at his place Saturday may be his last with our group, as he has several out-of-state interviews to go to over the next couple of weeks.:(

This past Christmas, when I had no job and was running out of money, one of the players in my game spotted me $300 for rent. It was good that he did, because the immense feeling of indebtedness encouraged me to put aside my pride and get a job at a grocery store so I could pay the bills, and pay back my friend. Sure, things still aren't perfect, but I'm willing to put up with a crappy job because I have friends here I care about.

Krieg

First Post
After hearing about my marital issues a very good friend who I haven't seen in person in six years let me know that if I need to get away and start fresh somewhere else they will always have room for me out in Colorado.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases