Do You Prefer to Play One of the Four Primary Base Classes (Clr, Ftr, Rog, Wiz)?

Do You Prefer to Play One of the Four Primary Base Classes (Clr, Ftr, Rog, Wiz)?

• Yes

Votes: 134 50.6%
  • No

Votes: 131 49.4%

wolfpunk

First Post
Almost all of my character concepts that I end up playing are either fighter, rogues, or wizards. Occassionaly I will have a concept for a sorcerer, paladin, or barbarian. Everything else, I can pass on.

Psion

Adventurer
No. I do like them (though I do think the cleric needs a makeover) and would play a fighter, wizard, or rogue willingly. But there are other options I like just as well, such as monk, druid, and (surprise) psion.

Aust Diamondew

First Post
If my character concept can be filled with one of the four basic classes I prefer to use those, as opposed to taking a class like ninja or swashbuckler. I'm more in the middle really I guess.

Odhanan

Adventurer
I prefer characters who are very good at "something" rather than just decent at everything. I've always been comfortable playing the four iconic classes, and others which would be focussed (Knight, Beguiler for instance).

Yes, in the end. I do prefer the four primary classes.

The_Gneech

Explorer
Nope; I almost always seem to end up doing some variation of "ranger". I do sometimes use the core classes in a multiclass build ... fighter/rogue and fighter/wizard have both made appearances in my playing past; and I have played an elvish vampire-hunter cleric who was something like a cross between Elric and Solomon Kane. But generally, no. "Core 4" = "snore, snore."

-The Gneech :cool:

3d6

Explorer
I mainly play new base classes from supplements for some reason. My last few characters have been a psion, a psychic warrior, and a warlock. Playing the psion now, I kind of wish I had been playing a wizard instead, though. I'm always out of power points, and I find myself looking longingly at the wizard's spells slots per day table.

My next character is probably going to be a duskblade, so it looks like I'm on track to keep playing classes from outside the core rules. I'm also considering playing a non-multi-classed fighter using the new feats from PHII to see if they really make the fighter a viable 20-level class.

Remove ads