GM1: Bizarre Bazaar

Heckler

First Post
"Well, I where do we go from here? Tank's situation greatly complicates things. I hope we're far enough away from anyone else for him to have hurt someone else. Hopefully he can find his way back.

Does anyone know if his condition can be cured? I feel bad because we should have checked for this after the fight with the wererats. I'd hate to have to put him down...

And can we progress? Maybe if we can get him to the bazaar we can get something to help him."

Octavio will take a closer look at the cave entrance and try to determine what will be involved in clearing the path. He'll also climb a couple of the nearby hills and look for Tank.

Kenku17

First Post
Kenku looks at Octavio sternly "As much as trouble of loosing tank is, we must move on...We knew there is a chance of loosing someone...this is just not the way we would of thought. Besides, even if he did return, whats the chance he will not run agian...or possibly bite one of us. However, if he does somehow return, I will do what I can to help him."

Heckler

First Post
"We've only lost him if we give up on him. But perhaps we are getting ahead of ourselves. We're not going anywhere until we clear the road. That'll take quite a while, giving Tank plenty of time to find his way back. I say we roll up our sleeves and start getting dirty. We can leave one person on watch on a hill, he can keep an eye out for Tank and hostiles. Once we've cleared a path we can reassess our situation."

covaithe

Explorer
Jinx and Phelan climb nearby hills and keep a lookout for signs of Tank. William and Octavio examine what used to be the entrance to the cavern complex. Things look grim; a large area of the hillside is covered with horse-sized boulders. With an hour of backbreaking effort William and Octavio manage to lever one of the large rocks out of place and send it crashing down the hill, only to discover that beneath it are more large rocks. Worse, when they move it, several uphill boulders that are only the size of a man shift ominously.

[sblock=Tank]ooc: Was that a move silently check?

Tank explores further into the caves, and before long he comes to a wider passageway that looks like it has been worked by stonecutters, rough-hewn into a promising looking thoroughfare. It smells of metal, fresh rock dust, and something else, a sharp odor like smoke. The smoky odor is stronger from one direction than the other.

ooc: What is Tank's intention here? Explore deeper into the caves? Find his way outside?
[/sblock]

Heckler

First Post
"I'm don't like to admit defeat, but at this rate I'm afraid the auction will be concluded by the time we clear a path. I think we need to tackle this another way.

Clearly whoever, or whatever, blocked our path has resources we don't have access to. Perhaps we can find them and persuade them to undo their work.

And let's have another look at that map. Maybe there's another way in."

covaithe

Explorer
William spreads the map wide on a flat rock, but it is frustratingly vague about the details of their destination. Clearly whoever used the map expected not to need directions any farther. Still, William remembers from his studies that the kind of cavern complexes that lead deep beneath mountains like this usually have many small entrances scattered around the countryside for miles around. Most of them will be tiny, fit only for snakes and insects, but it is quite likely that there are several other human-sized entrances nearby. Unfortunately, they are likely to be well hidden.

Just then, a gruff voice rings out from the top of the caved-in hillside. "Oi! Hwa goes there? Shae yersels, ef yer nae deed!" A rather shaggy-looking dwarf in chainmail and furs climbs into view. Shortly after, a dozen more dwarves come up alongside him, in leathers and carrying picks, axes and shovels. They look ready for a fight, but relax when they see that you still have flesh on your bones.

ooc: Tank, go over here.

Remove ads