• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Paladin and a Cleric are praying to the same god, which is heard from first?

• Cleric is more important

Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Paladin is more important

Votes: 15 19.5%
  • They are both equal

Votes: 46 59.7%

DM-Rocco

Explorer

My friend and I are debating which the gods listen to and bestow favors on first, or both.

I contend that a god would treat each equally as they are both servants of that god.

He contends that the cleric is the ultimate authority of that god and the paladins are just worthless cannon fodder for that god.

What do you think?

Please share anything you wish :)

DM-Rocco

Explorer

My friend and I are debating which the gods listen to and bestow favors on first, or both.

I contend that a god would treat each equally as they are both servants of that god.

He contends that the cleric is the ultimate authority of that god and the paladins are just worthless cannon fodder for that god.

What do you think?

Please share anything you wish :)

I skewed the results by saying paladins are better just because I know he will log in and say cleric:lol:

Slander

Explorer
All other things being equal (same level, equally pious, equally devoted), I'd probably give deference to the paladin. Paladin's sacrifice a bit more, and I'd reward that sacrifice.

Alternatively, if they are both doing this to "test their god", I'd probably punish both of 'em.

Jack7

First Post
If that god can bestow multiple favors simultaneously, then I reckon it wouldn't matter. A wink is as good as a nod. And you don't have to worry about prayer lag.

If he has to put people on a waiting list, then if I were such a god I reckon my favor would go to who needs it the most, when, where, and why. Or maybe who has earned it most depending on past and/or present behavior. I can't imagine I'd care much about level unless level was somehow reflective of behavior.

DM-Rocco

Explorer
If that god can bestow multiple favors simultaneously, then I reckon it wouldn't matter. A wink is as good as a nod. And you don't have to worry about prayer lag.

If he has to put people on a waiting list, then if I were such a god I reckon my favor would go to who needs it the most, when, where, and why. Or maybe who has earned it most depending on past and/or present behavior. I can't imagine I'd care much about level unless level was somehow reflective of behavior.
Okay, let's say they are twins with the exact pious level and devotion, etc. :lol:

Jack7

First Post
Okay, let's say they are twins with the exact pious level and devotion, etc.

Well, if I can shoot good in all directions at once then I reckon I can hit em both at a dead run.

If not, all other things being equal, and they are both praying hot and heavy then does one have a + 3 prayer rug or maybe a hopped up holy symbol?

I'm just wondering if one of them has a inside track to me?

Remove ads