Even Newer Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

dimsdale

First Post
Grakk looks at the newly formed crew and nods his head in approval. he then sits and readies his gear. After a quick inspection he gets out a sharpening stone for his new greataxe and begins to sharpen it. To Morvannon he states "I've been through two adventures with you. Although the greatsword is a quality weapon, I prefer a greataxe." Mr. S and the woman, "We will find those who falsely accused your husband for a crime he didn't commit. You can count on that." Grakk then continues his work on his new axe.

ooc: I think I now have the story straight.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Ms Tine sobs "I only want my Gimo back with me..."

Mr Simpletown seems eager to see the group start their proceedings. "Tell us good lords and lady, what can we do to help? Where will you start?"

Velmont

First Post
"The first thing would be to ask questions to the witness." replies Jarel-karn. He then looks at his companions. "Bell, it is?" he asks to the bard. "I think that would be more in your talent then mine. Do you think you could lead the questioning?"

Mewness

First Post
Livia listens idly to Ms Tine and Mr Simpletown's complaints, but upon observing that a considerable number of heavily-armed people seem to be almost falling over themselves to help this unassuming pair, doesn't intrude upon the conversation. Her attention is then caught by the drink being delivered to the elf; she catches a whiff of it on its way past, and finding the scent quite unfamiliar, follows it to its destination, where she fixes Himura Kazuhira with her oddly fierce gaze.

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
"Ah yes." Syas Bell. She closes her book and sticks it under one arm before pulling herself to his feet. She forces a hunched posture and begins pacing before the group.

"Mr. Simpleton, the one piece missing from your story, that I am most interested in is what Mr Tine actually said. You say he disapeared from his morning delivery. . . or actually you didn't say that. What you said is that once in the morning he rides the donkey that pulls the wagon that brings the laborers buckets originally to the clay pitts. He then waits till the buckets are full and delivers them. He then returns twice, the second time taking not only the buckets but the workers back I presume. I presume that he disappeared after he picked up his first load, and didn't return till the end of the day. I am correct sir? And what of his buckets sir? When he returned where his buckets empty or still filled with clay? And what did he say sir? Did he realize he had been gone for so long, or did he think he was returning from his first deliveries? Or did he merely wake up somewhere after a moment of blackness?"

Bell pauses letting Mr Simpleton catch up before answering the questions. You would think she would not move forward after so many but a moment later she turns quickly on him and blurts out one more. "And how does one donkey pull a wagon full of workers and clay?!"

Luinnar

First Post
Kaz sips his sake as he observes the various patrons. This place is much more diverse than what he is used to in the Kingdom of Jade. Perhaps someone could use his help.

[sblock=ooc]
Character sheet done! (sent in for approval)

Elf Avenger 1 looking for group! :)[/sblock]

Son of Meepo

First Post
The tavern door is thrown open as a slim but muscular figure is silhouetted by the sunlight behind him. Besides his build the only thing obvious about his appearance is the great mane of wiry hair that wildly radiates from his scalp in all directions.

When he steps fully into the shadows of the tavern, you can see that the man is a half-orc. His hair has been dyed golden brown, certainly not a natural color for one of his kind as it clashes with the dark green of his skin. He wears nothing but a functional pair of sandals and a canvas loincloth.

The half-orc looks over the patrons of the tavern with an intimidating glare, wondering if any of them would dare to think they could best him, the great "Man-Lion" of the Imperium arenas, in a fight. When no one rushes up to challenge him, he continues towards the bar, walking carefully around the tables as he continues to scan the crowd for trouble. You can tell his movements possess an elegant grace that you would not necessarily expect from someone of his size.

His coin pouch full and his belly empty, the half-orc sits at one of the bar stools. "A meal," he demands. "And a drink."

RedBeardJim

First Post
Morvannon's eyes widen at Bell's line of questioning. "You have a good ear for details, I'm impressed. I also agree that talking to the witnesses would likely be our best first step."

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Eithal looks at the half-orc with admiration, "Mah oh mah!" she mouths the words across the table to Yimayngurr and One Who Waits, shaking her open hand vertically in the way one does after getting it slapped. Turning to the slim hunk, she gives a rather loud cat-call whistle, "Whoooowheee! Whats yowah name shugah?"

Remove ads