[Adventure] The Race of the Five Horns (DM: stonegod, Judge: THB)

On Puget Sound

First Post
Well, we were fairly good at speed, and managed to survive stealth. If we're replaying the steps of a battle, hopefully there will be some fighting now.

"Yes, I'd really enjoy bursting that cheeky dragonmarked's bubble. Let's see how he does when teleporting doesn't help!

Altough I think this thing is rigged so that their particular abilities give them big advantage. Wouldn't be surprised if combat happens on many levels with maze like connections so they can teleport out of tight spots to relative safety.

If that happens, Rikka can pull them down and I can go and put one over the edge to your waiting hands."

pacdidj

First Post
"It seems almost certain that they're violating the rules somehow," muses Crush, "What we need is a way to spy on them, catch them in the act. You don't know anything about scrying, do you dark elf?" he asks Bellegon.

"At any rate, their tricks shouldn't unduly favor them in combat. I'd reckon the playing field will be more level this time around."

renau1g

First Post
"I wouldn't underestimate their teleporting in battle. It is easy to get behind enemy front lines and attack their rear, as well as get to a leader of the squad that way. Shall I go and speak to the goblins? They seemed to have a particularly successful round, maybe we can work something out to knock off the humans? Vok says, his disappointment still evident

pathfinderq1

First Post
Rikka was all but silent as they watched the rest of the teams finish up the trial. She spent a few minutes testing her ankle, to make sure there was no lasting injury- it was sore and a bit stiff, but it would serve...

After that, though, she simply kept her mouth shut- she felt more than a bit embarassed by her own clumsiness during the stage. While the stakes were not life-and-death, she was usually proud of her skills- not now. And while these strange folk were not her friends (at least not yet), they were companions in arms, and she did not wish to let them down.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
As the group discusses, they hear a heated argument nearby. Apparently, the Cyran team and the goblinoids are having a "discussion". The human team leader, the one with the unfortunate noise, is accusing the goblinoids of being "land-stealing, cheating, betraying murderers" whereas the female dirge singer is rejoindering something about "weak blooded, foppish do-nothings" The warforged team, who seemed to have been caught in the middle, looks on impassively.

pacdidj

First Post
Seeking to get closer to the argument and find out what's going on without interrupting, Crush approaches the warforged team. He quietly asks one of his metal brethren, "Greetings friend. What seems to be the problem between our fleshy competitors here?"

His inquiry ends up sounding disingenuous however, rather than friendly as he'd hoped.

Diplomacy (1d20+9=11)

[sblock=ooc]Lost track of this one over the long weekend, but I would like to find out more about the argument here.[/sblock]

OOC: I'd like to hear more, but see no way to heat it up without getting involved...but listening, that we can do - if stonegod is willing to write it :)

Bellegon dissapears in the crowd and tries to rile up some monsters to involve themselves without involving himself directly.

OOC: Please roll Bluff, Diplomacy or Intimidate as you see fit - I'm not sure any mosters beside goblinoids are still around :( - sorry for loosing track, won't happen again.

Remove ads